Author Topic: Newbie says hello.  (Read 7523 times)

67 Evil Eleanor

Newbie says hello.
« on: February 24, 2008, 09:24:32 PM »
I'm new to this forum and an avid Mustang Enthusiast. I like to restore and/or build both "Concours" and "Restomods" alike. As long as they wear a Pony. I currently have 10 stangs in the barn, 9 classics and one Fox Body. Actually I have been in this hobby for a while and collecting for about 12 years. I often don't have a lot of spare time to work on my cars but when I can't, I enjoy reading the forums, and talking to others with the same interest. This helps me to learn more and maybe pass on some knowledge to others. Well thats about it, see you on the forum. Oh, my current project is a 65 Fastback restomod for my other half. She is calling the shots on this one. A photo of where I'm at with it now.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
Re: Newbie says hello.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 09:39:12 PM »
Hello and welcome to the site.  Did you build your own rotisserie?  Man, you have a lot of classics to deal with.  I have hard enough time dealing with my one.  Post here often to keep us informed with all your projects. 

67 Evil Eleanor

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
Yep, it has had about 5 on it so far. It is set up for 65 thru 68 but can easily be modified to fit others. I built it out of some scrap steel I had laying around. The only things I had to buy was one stick of steel and one jack. Total cost $65.00 and a couple of hours time. So far it works great and I can turn the car with one hand. It beats eating dirt and sparks. I soaked the bottom today with brake fluid to try to loosen the undercoat. It has the usual dealer stuff (hard as a rock now) and some other type that was added later. The good thing is it protected  the undercarriage and its in excellent condition. In the next day or so, I'll break out the Landa pressure washer. It runs a water tempature of around 220+ degrees and 3000# of pressure. Enough to melt the old undercoating and some primer too. It works great on these old cars.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 12:55:36 PM »
 Ten Mustangs collected in 12 years? I would say you are a very busy restorer  :D Don't forget to post photos of your other Mustangs. I would like to see your work.  ;)

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 07:11:06 PM »
You are very lucky to have such a great storage/workshop space and tools. You are exactly right about eating dirt, old paint and undercoating without a rotisserie.  Where do you live?  I travel quite a bit throughout the U.S. and may have an opportunity to stop by and give you my 2C .   ;D

Bossnutt

• My Mustang Site
  • Mustang: 1985 Project car
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 01:51:59 PM »
Welcome to our family.  Definately keep us up to date on what's going on with them all.

rmodel65

• Global Moderator
  • the mustang man
  • Mustang: 65 fastback modded
  • Daily driver: 1991 gt vert
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 06:39:22 AM »
glad to see you over here evil

racedraper

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »
welcome aboard MAN I WANT YOUR   ROTISSERIE JIB
But I think I would have fun sitting back and watching it spin.

67 Evil Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 09:23:34 PM »
Thanks guys, I am stalled on the 65 Fastback and have put the KR on the rack for cleaning and some service work. The tranny is leaking fluid like crazy I have to ready the car for an event next week. Also I've been working 7 days a week and too fizzled when I get home to start again. Here are some photos of the KR and my last project.

The Eleanor Clone is powered by a Supercharged 5.4 32 valve Modular with NOS. It has a Tremec TKO and is run by an Accel Gen 7 DFI. I used a Mustang 2 front and lost the towers in order to fit the engine. Soaring, I'm in Southwest Virginia about 20 miles off I81 in the hills. I try to do all my work myself and if I can fine a booth, I even shoot the paint. Let me know if you are traveling thru the area and I can get you here. The GPS systems will get you lost as they have changed my 911 address so many times that I'm not sure where I live. One good thing about the hills is, they still make some fine Shine around here, the beads last forever.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 04:12:42 AM »
I'm gonna hafta get up that way.  I haven't had any shine in a few years.   ;D  Good looking Mustangs there fella.  I'm jealous for that King of the Road. 

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »
 Did you build the Eleanor or did you order it from Unique Performance? It's a very impressive car but the King of the Road is my favorite ;D
I can't wait to see the result of the fastback project for your wife.

67 Evil Eleanor

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
Na, I built it. I started from a shell with no engine, tranny, front suspension, hood, front end, deck lid, rear end or pretty much anything. It did have the clutch/brake pedals though. I included many options that are out of the norm. I moved the seats back about 6 inches, this makes the rear seat useless but makes the front very comfortable. I also moved the A/C and heat controls to the center, where its a lot easier to see and  get to. I wish it had the Shelby pedigree though. I was able to build it at a fraction of the cost of a UP car. The 32 valve Supercharged 5.4 Modular was a challange to fit in there. It took a lot of custom fabbing to make it work. I think its Ford's biggest gas engine size wise. It is a blast to drive, very fast. My wife is pushing me to have hers done by the end of June. I guess its time to start working nights.

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version