Author Topic: Newbie Here  (Read 4879 times)

ben-dent

• Mustang: Dont own one Yet but looking to buy one
  • Daily driver: Range Rover V8 1984, 2" lift, Mud Tyres, Spot lights, HD Bumpers, Under body Protection, Lots of Dents and Mud,
Newbie Here
« on: March 28, 2009, 04:24:36 AM »
Hi all I was looking for an engine for a friends 1994 Mustang Project, (he wants a Shelby lump) and it brought me to this site, via Google. any way enough of that, lets introduce myself

Im ben and I drive a Range Rover 3.5 V8 twin SU carb Auto 4x4 appropriatly named "DENT" ;D, i use it off road and on road, it is quick for a heavy truck, it has off road guards and Mud Tyres, Loads of lights, and has hundreds of dents

i also have an off road toy i am building, it is also a Range Rover 3.5 V8 but is EFI and Manual, it has Mud Tyres and a Roll cage, but thats as far as i have got at the moment, it also has hundreds of dents

i have always dreamed of owning a 67 Mustang 2+2 fast back, but at the moment i cant find one cheap enough to restore, i can find them newer like the 1994 of my mates but not a 67  :(, i am not keen on the shape of the rest, i like the old skool look ones 65 - 66, 67 - 68, and 2005 - present model ones, i think they went to uniform and made them look like normal road cars on the rest, (just my opinion)

i would love the gone in 60 seconds shelby "ELEANOR" i love that car so damn sexy

here is a picture of my trucks the one on the left (one with no spot lights) is my toy, the other is "DENT"

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
Re: Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 05:14:27 PM »
Welcome to our site.  Everybody has their own opinion about cars and trucks, and yours seems to be that the Eleanor is the cat's meow.  Well, don't be surprised when you hear from classic Mustang owners that the Eleanor is a butcher job of a classic 67 Mustang.  Another problem classic Mustang owners have is that the price of any 67 Mustang fastback has skyrocketed to out of the reach of most classic wannabes because of that movie, "The Fast and Furious." 
Well, anyway, again, welcome to the site and we appreciate your opinion.  Now, get yourself a Mustang.   ;D

rmodel65

• Global Moderator
  • the mustang man
  • Mustang: 65 fastback modded
  • Daily driver: 1991 gt vert
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 11:03:14 PM »
if you can do sheetmetal work you can buy a cheap coupe and order the fastback roof, quarter panels trunk sail panels tail panel etc from dynacorn and make your own for a fair price that is if you handy with a welder :D

welcome kick back, post and hang out

Dr. Feelgood

• Mustang: 1999 mustang gt
  • Daily driver: Me
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 01:24:34 AM »
Welcome  ;D

ben-dent

• Daily driver: Range Rover V8 1984, 2" lift, Mud Tyres, Spot lights, HD Bumpers, Under body Protection, Lots of Dents and Mud,
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 09:38:10 AM »
if you can do sheetmetal work you can buy a cheap coupe and order the fastback roof, quarter panels trunk sail panels tail panel etc from dynacorn and make your own for a fair price that is if you handy with a welder :D

welcome kick back, post and hang out

thats not a bad idea buddy, i am sh*t hot with a welder, i made my own bumpers, and other bits and bobs on my trucks,  ;D

although i would prefer to have a Genuine / Original Fastpack more so than a cut and shut  ???

and they are not that much cheaper in the UK either :(

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »
Welcome Ben-dent. You are lucky. Clive Sutton in London is the only distributor in Europe for the Eleanor from Classic Recreations. All you have to do is to save a minimum of 100,000 and it could be yours :D

ben-dent

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 02:48:30 PM »
cheers

but i was thinking of something less than 1000 but here is hoping  ??? ???

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 11:16:08 AM »
For less than 1000, you will be lucky to find an used 289 engine alone in the UK but if you do find an extra fastback for this price, let me know and I will bring it to Canada :D

ben-dent

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »
i saw a nice convertible one for 2300 needed a restoration, but it didnt sell, and a guy i kn ow offered 800 for it and the guy bite his arm of at that, so thought i can get a Fastback for about grand i would be laughin i can do all the work myself as i am a mechanic, and i can fabricate panels and the likes,

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »
You can also try to bring on of your Range Rover to Canada, they are very popular here and you might be able to exchange a Range Rover with dents for a Mustang fastback with holes :D

Dr. Feelgood

• Mustang: 1999 mustang gt
  • Daily driver: Me
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 12:32:59 AM »
You can also try to bring on of your Range Rover to Canada, they are very popular here and you might be able to exchange a Range Rover with dents for a Mustang fastback with holes :D
:D

ben-dent

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »
thats sounds like an idea  ;), i might look in to that, as i get offered range rovers regularly, for very little money ;D, but shipping costs will be alot :o

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version