Author Topic: new toy  (Read 9337 times)

greenketch

new toy
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »
hey guys just joined wanted to say hi and try to get some pics of the stang I just bought 1971 mach 1 .the rollback just dropped it off, I'm going to take some pics and post them soon in the meantime wwwaaaaasssssuuuuupppppp.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
Re: new toy
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:31:41 PM »
Welcome to the site Greenketch. I can't wait to see the photos of your car.

greenketch

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 06:53:45 AM »
thanx for the replys guys  the car itself codes out to be a mach 1 351 2v windsor but the guy that had it b4 the guy I bought it from used to race it apparently so I was wondering if maybe he got hold of a 351 boss and thru it in the car. I'm still trying to get the motor from him. I did not know about the ram air being a an r code? or was it q any way it had stickers on the hood that say 351 ram air  damn aftermarket stuff lol I guess its just a regular mach 1 no worries thats good enuff for me for my first one thnx for all the replys i have some pics but I'm kinda computer illiterate so it won the first round. when the bell rings I will shoot these dam birds flyin round my head and try again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:34:01 PM »
I guess you figured out how to add your photos. From what I can see your Mustang doesn't look too bad.
Does it have a lot of rust?

Jerry Baker

• http://www.geocities.com/themustangmafia/
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 10:57:50 PM »
Looks good from whT I seen.   looks like they hit somthing in the center but all that can be fixed.  

Like Thierry said, does it have alot of rust or not.

If they car is a 351 2-V Windsor motor it should have a H in the first few spots in the vin. does it still have the plate in the drivers door?  

But Im with you, the Mach is fine but the 351 boss would be great and even if you get the motor and its not what came out I would still show off the Boss motor in it

greenketch

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 09:49:25 PM »
hey guys the dents came from when they took the motor out the engine fell on the fender . the front frame rail ends are rusted  so I need to get those fixed .And I need to replace the crossmember
other than that its pretty solid the rear quarters have been replaced the seams need a lil work most of the bad is in the front. nothin a couple of weekends cant fix.all I really need is a motor.
 8(.  still workin on gettin that from the other guy. I have been doing some searching and I cant find any front frame rails just the rear so if any one knows a place i can order some that would be great .

ps thnx for the interest from all who replied this site is great hope to be hear a while.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 02:51:52 PM »
I have been looking at my catalogs and in different websites but all I could find was front frame extensions for 65 to 70 Mustangs only. Sheet metal is hard to find for 71 to 73 Mustangs but seeing the pictures on the catalog it doesn't seem to complicated for a metal fabricator to reproduce or fix them.
I will keep searching and let you know if I find something.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 04:00:25 PM »
K.A.R. Auto Group offers complete floor pan kits including front frame rails but for the 71/73 Mustangs they are not available as new parts.
I am affraid you won't be able to find them anywhere. Maybe you can contact them to order used ones or find them somewhere else.

rouge67

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 01:04:25 PM »
Hi, Greenketch, welcome you and your new ride. Mach1 is a famous car.

Mark57

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 09:09:11 PM »
One other choice you have is going to visit auto scrap yards. Desert Valley Auto is a good source for rust free parts1

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version