Author Topic: new here  (Read 2526 times)

8baller

• Mustang: 67 sport sprint
new here
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
i am new here... have had my 67 coup for about seven years now and i am finally at the point where i am able to get something accomplished...

here is a pic.(my starting point)

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
Re: new here
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:49:26 PM »
What do you mean startring point?  That car is beautiful and ready to be driven right now. 

8baller

• Mustang: 67 sport sprint
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:58:14 PM »
right now the body is at the body shop and i am getting ready to rebuild the motor and re cover the interior...
when i took it apart it had signifacant rott where the bumper brackets bolt to the frame..and the driver floor was starting to get weak....(cowel caps i am guessing)...funny thing though...the rest of the frame looks great..i dunno

anyways with alot of wheeling and dealing i have it getting stripped down to bare metal and all the rust getting taken care of and painted..still have'nt decided on a color though...

just got a johns mustang front drum to disc conversion and a grab a trac suspension for cheap...(guy bought it and decided he should sell his car before installing this stuff)

i am looking realistically at it being completed by next spring..no sooner and probably later

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »
Yeah, that rust shit is a bummer.  I had a small amount on mine when I had the body re-done.  It was at the usual places like the bottom front of each door and the rear quarter panels.  The rest was rust free.  Fortunately, my cowls are good to go.  It was a west Texas car, so spent most of its' life in the desert.  As far as color goes, I wrestled with that decision for awhile, but then finally decided to stick with the original Springtime yellow.  If you are married, have your wife make the choice of color.  I have always maintained that a color is not going to make the car run any faster, and by having the wife make the choice, you are including her in some of the decision making so that later down the line when you want a new LaCarra steering wheel, she will allow you to get it.   ;D

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version