Author Topic: New Girl from Jersey :)  (Read 3654 times)

Mustang5ohBabe

• Little Miss Speed Demon
    • Facebook
  • Mustang: 1989 Mustang 5.0 LX
  • Daily driver: My Mustang!
New Girl from Jersey :)
« on: December 25, 2009, 11:02:16 PM »
Hey guys! My name is Steph, I'm 20 years old and I drive a 1989 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible. He's my second Mustang..my first was a beautiful 89 5.0 LX Hatchback. If any of you read Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords magazine, my car was the featured "My Muscle Mustang" in the August 2009 issue. I look forward to talking to everyone! :)

Konrad

• Global Moderator
  • Mustang: 2007 GT 5 speed
  • Daily driver: that is my daily driver
Re: New Girl from Jersey :)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 02:22:07 PM »
welcome to the site. Maybe you could scan that article in and post it here?

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 02:53:31 PM »
We would love to see some pictures of it, and maybe a breakdown of what mods it has. 

Mustang5ohBabe

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 08:46:21 PM »
I'll see what I can do it scan it in..But for now, here are a few pictures.

Minor mods include a BBK cai, 3.73 gears, a/c and smog pump deletes, shift kit, timing advance..a few other odds and ends. I've spent most of my time/money restoring him because I bought him destroyed 3 years back.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 12:03:39 AM »
Can you give us a break-down of the process?  The restoration of these old cars is a catalog archives I would like to add to the FAQ.

Jaime_302

• Mustang: 1990 ford mustang gt
  • Daily driver: not yet its under construction
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 02:29:37 AM »
wow dam girl your really into cars like me lol.. well nice to have you on mustnagv8.com

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 05:30:40 AM »
very nice!

stang98

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 10:25:05 AM »
Welcome :)

Glad to see one more girl join the crowd

Areese3990

• Mustang: 2000 Mustang Gt
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »
Very nice car. Nice to see some one from Jersey too!

Jaime_302

• Mustang: 1990 ford mustang gt
  • Daily driver: not yet its under construction
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 12:31:41 AM »
lmao @ knorad  ;D

Mustang5ohBabe

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 11:08:06 PM »
Thanks for all the welcome everyone! :)
Soaring: I sent the car out to have the top replaced and to have the passenger side quarter panel pulled out and repainted after being backed into by a truck. I ordered new carpet and pulled the seats and consule (sp?) out of my first Mustang and my father and I redid the whole interior. I also changed the headlights because they were old and yellowed. We also replaced the gas tank which was rotted, all the sensors, and then began modding.

tedhontz

• Mustang: 1994 Mustang GT 5.0
  • Daily driver: 2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
WoW!!  Forget the pics of your Mustang.....check you out!  And yes, the car isn't bad either.  I used to have an 89 LX 5.0 convertible too but mine was a stick shift.  I've owned multiple 5.0's between the years of 86 and 90.  I was forced in 2002 to get rid of my 1990 LX 5.0 with tremec transmission and 410 gears, nitrous, and every addon you could think of.  It had 565 hp + 175HP nitrous kit but it "scared" my wife so it had to go.  Well last year she scared me when I walked in on her with another guy.  I since then bought a new house and FINALLY bought myself a Mustang again.  I'm too young for a midlife crisis but I've yet to figure out the meaning of why I bought another Mustang on impulse.  I bought a 94 GT.  5spd. 5.0.  Bright red with black interior. Straight exhaust, flowmaster mufflers 2.5" system.  Its in my garage and I've yet to take a single picture of it.  I just bought 410 gears for it and I bought new blacked out "halo" one piece headlights with LED lights.  Its too cold out now to drive it or to even work on it yet so its in the garage.  I have 6 cars total but I felt the need for another Mustang and felt sorry for this car as it needed my attention.  But awesome car and awesome.....yeah well welcome!! 

Mustang5ohBabe

• Facebook
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 11:40:15 PM »
Haha aww what a sweetheart :) That sucks about your wife..And any woman who tells her man he needs to get rid of his car is worth just about the same as the ground my car leaves burnout marks on in my book! hahaha You bought your Mustang on impulse because you have a passion for them..Take some pictures asap! :)

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 02:36:55 AM »
Yeah so lesson learned don't listen to your wife if she wants to tell you want to drive! I was lucky anyway, my ex-fiance LOVES cars I just wish I didn't have to put the ex part on there for f*** sakes. Actually she started a blog you might like to read. I dunno how much she'll update it but you can read what she wrote so far. http://lavoiturefille.wordpress.com/
My attitude is that my mustang is a great family car. It has a backseat, what more could you want?? It fits TWO kids!! What's so bad about that?   :D

tedhontz

• Mustang: 1994 Mustang GT 5.0
  • Daily driver: 2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 01:29:08 PM »
Haha Konrad, yes this makes a very good family car.  The part I didn't tell everyone was my ex-wife cheated and also walked out on not just me, but the kids as well including her, at the time, 4 month old daughter.  So I'm a single guy with full 24/7 full custody of a 10 year old boy and a 2 year old girl.  They both fit in the car but right now we have close to 4 inches of snow so it's not an all year round family car.  I have a 2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL with the 6 speed automatic.  It's black, sporty looking, sunroof, leather, woodgrain trimmed, and very roomy.  In my opinion I think it's fast and so that's my main vehicle.  I traded a guy that needed a 4x4 so I took his Mustang and he got my 98 Durango.  My Durango drinks gas more than a Mustang and I HATED that Durango and it had many issues.  So now I have a Mustang again and also, my son which is 10 years old just loves Mustangs just like me!  So we've been renting Mustang movies from netflix and he's learning quite a bit.  It'll be a good father son project.  Also, I remember in 1998 I took my Mustang to the Indianapolis 500 motor speedway and it was a Mustang only club.  For $150 I was able to drive my Mustang on the real 500 speedway track.  I only live about 2 hours from there.  They only allowed 15 Mustangs at a time on the track and speed limit was 85 mph, although when we got to the far side of the track everyone hit the gas big time.  They had iconic Mustang people there, like the original designer and they had performance companies there as well, filling my bags with discount coupons, stickers, and souvenirs.  Do you know anything about that?  I'm hoping to have my Mustang done by May and I want to find some Mustang Clubs to get involved in.  Maybe I can meet a 50hbabe there someday, lol.

Blown2v

• Mustang: 2003 GT
  • Daily driver: 2003 GT
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 11:53:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 05:46:23 AM »
I just like to tell people my mustang is practical and is a great family car. It sounds ridiculous. No one thinks of a mustang that way so that's why I say it. Happens to be true though.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »
If my 65 had rear seat belts, it could be a family car.  They are available, but I just have one kid who is 40 years old.   ;D  My Mach 1 would easily carry 2 or 3 kids in the back seat with seat belts though. 

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 05:53:56 PM »
oh mine only fits 2. It has those comfy bucket seats in the back. If I have a third kid for some reason, I guess someone's staying home!  :P

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version