Author Topic: IN SEARCH OF MY DREAM CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2517 times)

redraider731

• Mustang: Looking
IN SEARCH OF MY DREAM CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »
I am a teacher in North Texas and it as been my dream since i was a little kid to own a 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible.  I do not have much money and I would like one that doesnt need alot of mechanical work done to it for it to run.  If anyone knows of anything PLEASE email me.  Thanks

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
Re: IN SEARCH OF MY DREAM CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 03:49:26 PM »
If you are lucky enough to even find one, and it doesn't need much work, be expecting to pay 25-30 grand for it.  They were selling easily for 20 grand 5 years ago. 
So, you're a teacher, huh?  I retired 3 years ago after 36 years of waving a little white stick as a high school band director. 

redraider731

• Mustang: Looking
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 04:17:43 PM »
Im not saying in that great of condition just as long as it some what runs im not a great mechanic but body work and things like that I can do. So i see your from wimberly i was just in your neck of the woods not too long ago a friend of mine has a house on the blanco river its a great place i loved it

Tim175

• Mustang: 1971 Mach 1
  • Daily driver: 2001 F-250 Lariat 7.3 PSD
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
well ive seen the ones that need a complete restoration go for 10k or more sometimes depending on what code they were etc. They wont come cheap no matter what.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 05:41:09 PM »
Im not saying in that great of condition just as long as it some what runs im not a great mechanic but body work and things like that I can do. So i see your from wimberly i was just in your neck of the woods not too long ago a friend of mine has a house on the blanco river its a great place i loved it
Trust me, the mechanical part is dirt cheap as compared to the body and frame work.  What you want to find is a relatively rust free vert from Texas or at least the southwest.  Keep hitting Craigs list and Ebay daily, and eventually you will run across one. 
Yeah, Wimberley and the hill country of Texas is the finest place to live in the world.  Pretty damn hot here right now though. 

stang98

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »
plus keep in mind body work is hard labor. I dont care what anyone says about it. I've done nothing but body work to mine since i got it and Im still working on it today. One day I hope to be finished  ;D

By the way welcome!

FASTBACK65GT

• I buy H.O. Slot Cars!
    • Phil's '65 Mustang GT
  • Mustang: 1965 Mustang Fastback GT
  • Daily driver: Ranger 4.0; 4.10; 4x4 is my daily driver.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »
You should be able to easily get into a decent convertible for 15K to 20K.  You might be getting a 6cyl with std. options no frills, but they are relatively common to find in that range.  This summer a local guy had a A-code GT ready to go for 22K and he may still have it.  COMMON collector's cars are down about 20% it seems to me since last year.

Check your Craiglists and ebay.  Watch Ebay and be patient on Craigslist.  If you can't find something let me know, I'll help you if you are serious.   

jethat

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 10:17:13 AM »
Nows a good time to buy classic cars. There are deals to be had... The economy being what it is. Not many have cash for toys right now you oughta be to find a better deal then you could have a couple years ago.

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version