Forum > Your Mustangs

Hello

<< < (4/4)

65gt350:

--- Quote from: Blown2v on December 22, 2010, 04:26:57 AM ---03 mustangs ftmfw lol

--- End quote ---

I'll have to ask my teenaged daughter to translate your post...LOL! Sweet ride you have there.

Joe AZ 2 PA:

--- Quote from: 65gt350 on December 23, 2010, 01:30:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blown2v on December 22, 2010, 04:26:57 AM ---03 mustangs ftmfw lol

--- End quote ---

I'll have to ask my teenaged daughter to translate your post...LOL! Sweet ride you have there.

--- End quote ---

Hey 65gt350,
What's the stories behind your two rides? Both are worth the time to read about. . . . . .  8)

65gt350:

--- Quote from: Joe AZ 2 PA on December 23, 2010, 07:23:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: 65gt350 on December 23, 2010, 01:30:04 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hey 65gt350,
What's the stories behind your two rides? Both are worth the time to read about. . . . . .  8)

--- End quote ---

I'll post a few more pics with their "stories" after Christmas. For the '66 I did the engine bay, suspension and running gear in one shot in 2002 then , after replenishing my toy fund, I did the body & paint as a second phase. I have over 500 hundred pic's of the body & paint resto because they took pics at virtually every step at the place that did the bulk of that work. I recently found my album of hard copy pic's from the engine build, suspension upgrade, engine bay & undercarriage resto. I had a local engine builder (that specializes in Mustang & Shelby engines) build me the engine after giving him a short block with a bunch of original engine components I had been collecting for the occasion. I had to keep the engine & everything under the hood looking 100% original because I wanted the car to remain "collector plate" eligible so I could keep the  cheaper insurance that goes with it. The only (external) engine bay mod's are that I replaced the original Autolite carb with a Holley that works much better, and put in a Petronix electronic ignition with a flamethrower coil. Along the way I had traded for some K code (or GT? - can't remember now) exhaust manifolds that I put on the car. I also wanted to improve the handling while maintaining a stock look so when I replaced the suspension components I did the common upgrades including 5 leaf springs, a 1" sway bar & self adjusting gas shocks and a few other things. The car handles much tighter since those upgrades and I can wail around corners pretty well... for an older car that is.

Like yours, the car is an "A" code GT with automatic transmission, and just about every major option available. I'll post some pics when I have more time. ;D

Joe AZ 2 PA:
Great, looking forward to the pic's and the next part of the stories. . . .  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version