Forum > Your Mustangs

Hello

<< < (3/4) > >>

Joe AZ 2 PA:
The blue one you have is one sharp looking car. I can't say enough about your choice for the GT-350. My original color was Signalflare Red because I wanted it to stand out over the herd. In 1970 it got sold to a guy I worked with and he did his thing to it. I moved to Mesa, AZ and he called one day in 1999, 29 years later, and asked if I wanted to buy the Mustang back. Pic's were sent out from Pennsylvanla and I had a buddy check it out to see what the collateral damages were after 29 years away. A deal was made and it was shipped 2,200 miles West to AZ and it's home in the "valley of the sun". Couple years later we decided to move back to Pennsylvania and the Mustang got shipped 2,200 miles to the East. The pic's will show its history from April 14th. 1966 thru today. Right now it's been at a shop going thru another redo but based on what My wife and I envision for the car. By the way I met my wife 6 weeks after I bought the car in 1966 on a blind date proving that Mustangs are chick magnets. . . . . .  8)

Soaring:
Yup, 65-66 Mustangs were chick magnets.   ;D

65gt350:
Are you re-painting the car with the original sinalflare red that it was born with? I hope the other owner didn't make any irreversible changes to the car. Good luck with the restoration. I'm guessing its an "A" code or "K" code GT fastback - did you order any other options?

Chick magnet - haven't heard that term used for a while. That reminds me...in England, back in the day they refered to Jag E-Types as crumpet catchers. It seems that they don't make chick magnets or crumpet catchers any more... :P

Joe AZ 2 PA:

--- Quote from: 65gt350 on December 20, 2010, 10:34:58 PM ---Are you re-painting the car with the original sinalflare red that it was born with? I hope the other owner didn't make any irreversible changes to the car. Good luck with the restoration. I'm guessing its an "A" code or "K" code GT fastback - did you order any other options?

Chick magnet - haven't heard that term used for a while. That reminds me...in England, back in the day they refered to Jag E-Types as crumpet catchers. It seems that they don't make chick magnets or crumpet catchers any more... :P

--- End quote ---

I'm changing the color. It will be a surprise for the after pic's. It is an "A" code. I couldn't swing the "small" amount extra for the "K" code. A small amount now but back then I was working on the 1st year of a 4 year tool & die maker apprenticeship and funds were low. I did order it with the 4 speed transmission. You are correct saying the "E" types were also "crumpet catchers". Things of the past. As for things that need changed on the Mustang, wow. During the 70's the rear quarterpanels were flared out to cover the tires that were mounted on 10" wide wheels. They are being replaced with stock panels. I already changed the wheels to 8.5" wide American Racing Torque Thrust. The paint was changed to a gold metalflake on much of the car. This has been stripped off and the car was in red oxide primer for the last several years. The motor was modified by adding a Weiand high rise manifold with 2 Holly 450 4-barrel carbs. that stuck up thru the hood. I've already changed it back with a Hi-Po manifold with a single Barry Grant  620 4-barrel. Just put new "tri-Y" headers on and changed the exhaust over to a 2 1/2" system. I'll fill in more gaps of the story later. . . . .  8)

Blown2v:
03 mustangs ftmfw lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version