Author Topic: Greetings From Lower Saxony, Germany  (Read 4147 times)

CelticOne

• Mustang: 2007, Ford Mustang GT
  • Daily driver: VW Golf (Volkswagen)
Greetings From Lower Saxony, Germany
« on: February 01, 2010, 05:00:02 AM »
Hallo to everyone in this forum, :)

my name is Stefan (Steven), since June 2007, I´m a proud owner of a new Ford Mustang GT 2007 in redfire.

I was interested in US-Cars since I was a child, especially in Ford Mustang, as I saw the movie "Bullit" with Steve McQueen.

In June 2007 my dream came true and I received my own Stang at the harbour of Bremerhaven, Germany.

No doubt, this is the best and most beautiful car ever in my life! When my wife and me are cruisin´, almost everybody´s looking, what exceptionally car this is!

We only drive, when the weather is fine, never on dry or even on salty streets, to spare our dream.

I´ll never will be sorry to have bought this dream on 4 wheels.

Here is my Redfire-Stang photographed at an us-car-meeting

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself in this forum :)

Stefan

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
Re: Greetings From Lower Saxony, Germany
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:03:59 AM »
Hi Stefan, welcome to the forum. Nice Mustang you have, I understand why it would attract so much attention in country. :)
Do you live in Bremerhaven? When I was in the army, I was based in Baden-Württemberg, great country and very friendly people. ;)

CelticOne

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »
Hi Thierry, :)

I thank you for your warm welcome and thank you for your compliments to our country and my Mustang :D

The reason for so much attention is not only picture-perfect Stang, here in Germany is this car extremely rarely in constrast to the US.

I live now in Göttingen, about 200 miles south of Bremerhaven, but we bought our Stang in B., because the importer has his trade there.  In Bremerhaven was a big US-Base in the Carl-Schurz-Kaserne, my cousin worked there as a civilian employee guard until the nineties. Our favourite radio-station was AFN. The best program ever was the American Top 40 with Casey Kasem.

We loved the US-music (like until today KISS) and of course the US-cars, like the Pontiac Trans Am Firebird, my cousin had at this time. Bremerhaven had a large US-car-scene at that time through the G.I.´s based in Bremerhaven. I´m very, very sorry, that this nice time is over.

At last, look at this  :-*

mustang24

• Mustang: 2007
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:37:08 AM »
Willkommen im Forum :)
bin auch noch neu hier

CelticOne

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 03:42:44 AM »
Willkommen im Forum :)
bin auch noch neu hier

Dankeschön, :)

Dir natürlich auch ein herzliches von mir :)

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 01:56:39 PM »
Willkommen Celticone und Mustang24. Ich verstehe ein wenig deutsch aber ich can night schreiben die sprache und ich hoffe sie can schreiben in Englich oder sie fuhlen allein hier. :D

My German sucks so to make sure I will be understood and so every one can understand here is what I meant:

Welcome to Celticone and Mustang24. I can understand German but I can't write it and I hope you can write English or you might feel alone here. :D

We have a Spanish and French section in the forum and no German section but you are more than welcome to use the local discussion boards to write in your own language, others might join you and who knows, I might add a German section later. ;)

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »
I'm ashamed to say that I know very little German.  I spent several years there while working overseas, but about all I could do was to order a beer.  "Ein bier bite."  I could also order some "Essen" because I could read the menus, but not much else.   At any rate, again, "Wilcommen." 

Areese3990

• Mustang: 2000 Mustang Gt
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »
nice license plate

CelticOne

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 08:36:55 AM »
Hi Thierry, Soring, and Areese

vielen Dank für Eure netten Deutschen Worte. I thank you for your nice german words, but I´m happy to practice a little bit  the world language english. I don´t want to forget, what I´ve learned in school. But when you might add a German section in the future it´s much easier for me and other people from german spoken countrys, that´s for sure.

I´ve been in Canada with the german army in Shilo, Manitoba, 200 KM west of Winnipeg. The City near Shilo was Brandon. Nice Country, very friendly people there.

Yes, I think you mean the license plate have the letters US on it,  that´s great, I agree with you!

Greetings to all of you :)

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 10:28:34 AM »
Your licnce plate says GO US, it's even better, was it a coincidence or did you choose to have it?

I didn't know there was exchanges in the army between Canada and Germany. How long did you stay there? I am originally from France and I moved to Canada about 8 years ago so I don't know much about the military here. ;D

For now, I don't think we have more than two German members so it's a bit early to add a German section but if you have anything to say about local US car shows, you are welcome to post messages in German in the European section. That's what it's for and we'll see how it goes later. ;)

CelticOne

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »
This is really incredible,

the letters "US" were my choice at the vehicle registration center, but GÖ, is the shortcut of the town where I live (Göttingen), and now I know it´s look like GO US! That´s better than I thought, because I only intended  to have US on my US-car!

No, there is no exchange between the armies of Canada and Germany. I was as a draftee in Canada to learn sharpshooting as a gunner in a tank. It´s more safety there, because Germany is too close populated. In Canada the shells could only set the prairie on fire :)

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »
I can relate to your desire to practice your English.  When I was stationed in Germany, I didn't have much of an opportunity to practice and speak German, because the Germans insisted on practicing their English.   ;D  Do you have to pay extra to have specialty license plates?  Here in Texas we pay a lot for the privilege to have specialty plates.  I have my old 1965 plates for my 1965 coupe.  But, I only put them on for shows.   And, here are the plates I had on my Mercedes while stationed in Germany.  I was always nervous, because any terrorists who were targeting US citizens could plainly see that I was an American because the plate clearly says USA. 

CelticOne

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 05:43:46 PM »
I can relate to your desire to practice your English.  When I was stationed in Germany, I didn't have much of an opportunity to practice and speak German, because the Germans insisted on practicing their English.   ;D  Do you have to pay extra to have specialty license plates?  Here in Texas we pay a lot for the privilege to have specialty plates.  I have my old 1965 plates for my 1965 coupe.  But, I only put them on for shows.   And, here are the plates I had on my Mercedes while stationed in Germany.  I was always nervous, because any terrorists who were targeting US citizens could plainly see that I was an American because the plate clearly says USA.

Yes, it costs 20 € extra charges for a vanity plate.

It´s cheap, but although I got only the normal German license plate in front. I prefer more the little plate, like in the rear. But I could not soften the civil servant.  :'(

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version