Forum > Your Mustangs

69 Mach one

<< < (2/5) > >>

Soaring:
Raise up the driver's side  off the ground and tryl to spin it.  If it won't spin then you have a posi trac.  If it will, then you have an open rear. 

MarksMustang:
I jacked up the driver side, and no spin either direction...a little play both ways, but will not spin. Whe I punched it down on the pavement, it layed 2 strips. One guy told me that he thought it was an 8 inch, but I do not know how to tell the difference between the 9 and the 8. I was a bit confused as to whether it was posi or not  becaue when I jacked up the whole rear end and spun the wheels, they did not go the same direction, and I always thought that was one way to tell posi....maybe it is different with Fords... ???

Soaring:
Chevy uses the term "Posi-traction" but it is basically the same with Ford. If you can lay two stripes, it's a Posi-traction rear. 

Soaring:

--- Quote from: Soaring on August 09, 2010, 04:47:12 PM ---Chevy uses the term "Posi-traction" but it is basically the same with Ford. If you can lay two stripes, it's a Posi-traction rear, meaning that both tires are pulling at the same time.   

--- End quote ---

MarksMustang:
Great! How can a guy tell the difference between a 9 inch rear and an 8 inch. And how 'bout the difference between FMX, C-4, and C-6 ? This one has the hurst line shifter where you have to pull the lever back tp shift!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version