Author Topic: 2003 Ford Mustang GT  (Read 21761 times)

Aaron Faulkner

• http://www.mustanglife.com/onetwin69/
2003 Ford Mustang GT
« on: February 03, 2006, 12:30:20 PM »
http://www.mustanglife.com/onetwin69/afaulkner1@bwstrailers.comPersonal Ride - Need suggestions for new Mods.

Aaron Faulkner

Re: 2003 Ford Mustang GT
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 12:32:23 PM »
Rear view so far of My GT

Aaron Faulkner

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 12:33:46 PM »
Front view of my GT.

Here are parts that I am currently pricing:

1) UPR Blue Thunder Short Throw shifter
2) Flowmaster American Thunder 40 series cat back exhaust system.
(Includes everything from cats back to tips)
3) BBK Under drive pulleys.
4) BBK (or equal quality) cold air intake
5) Underhood firewall replacement - I'd like to replace the firewall, that's under my hood with polished stainless or moulded fiber.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 12:40:03 PM »
Nice ride Aaron. There is not much modifications to suggest after seeing this car. What about lowered suspensions? Not a good idea on bumpy Canadian roads but maybe a set of adjustable air suspensions?

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 01:10:36 PM »
Thierry,
I have priced suspension systems for the car.  Unfortunately, with the payments and high insurance right now, it's not in my budget.  I work with air systems every day, being a designer at a Highway Trailer Manufacturing Facility.  I'm sure I could purchase a kit and install it at work.  I put $5,000.00 worth of accessories on the car this past summer such as:

Complete stereo install including two 10" subs behind the rear seats and an amp in the back.  I had a complete Pioneer system in at the first of the summer.  The Amp sucked so I swaped it for a Rockford Fosgate 1300 and added a capacitor.  It works sweet!

I also had a little mishap with a toilet on the highway.  It fell off a truck during June sometime.  A girl that was passing me on a hill, hit it and threw it all over my car.  I really got crapped on!  Cost me $2200.00 damage to the paint over the whole car.  I added the two white stripes (painted on) and cleared the whole top, front and rear of the car.  What a difference the stripes made.

K & N air filter

Full professional tint job.  Sides were done, got ticket to prove it :(

I also added a set of 245/45ZR17 Kumo Escta tires.  They handle well and stick good.  Not sure how they wear yet, haven't had them long enough.  Of course the rear ones aren't as good as the front.

This summer, I'm concentrating on mechanical parts.  Exhaust system, new UPR shifter.  I got a set of BBK Underdrive pulleys for Christmas.  Looking into Lambo door hinges too.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 01:53:26 PM »
You did great with your car and I was just giving you a suggestion as we never see many lowered cars in New Brunswick. I think that's the kind of modifications that would turn heads around here.

Lowering a 2003 Ford Mustang GT
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 01:57:52 PM »
Does anyone have any suggestions on lowering my car.
I've done research into air ride technologies systems already.  I want to go that way in the future.  If there is a way to lower the car now, without killing my tires and rims on the good ol' New Brunswick Roads, please throw me some suggestions.  I almost had a set of lowering springs given to me.  A customer at the dealership where I purchased the car new left a complete set in the shop.  He had taken his car in to have the car lowered.  Had it lowered for a few weeks, didn't like the ride quality of the new springs, took it back and had the system swapped.   Any suggestions or deterrants?

Thanks,
AF
 :-?

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »
VERY NICE CAR THERE,LOVE THE STRIPES, I HAVE A 2002 YELLOW MUSTANG,AND I JUST LOVE IT, I WAS THINKING OF GETTING SOME STRIPES ON IT, BUT CANT PICTURE HOW IT WOULD LOOK, THANKS FOR PUTTING YOUR CAR IN TO SEE,IT LOOKS GREAT.

racedraper

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006, 05:03:41 PM »
you know what would look real good in you car

me

I was looking at pro-chargers for my 97 chevy truck vortec 350.
I was quoted $4000 for the kit,It include installation, Dyno tuning, computer chip, shift pounts adjusted  and a increase in horse power by 125 at the rear tire. but my wife cant justify spending that on my truck and not on her Stang. :-(

Natalie

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 03:36:23 PM »
Go for the stripes!! We saw our GT right after it got off the truck, and before the stripes where added. We couldnt believe how much better the ride looked after it was striped.
  ...i have pics of the gt all over the site..LOL

arestmered..natalie

christin

• Mustang: 2002 Mustang GT
  • Daily driver: 2002
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »
Don't get air ride suspension/that cuts down on your actual performance of the vehicle, just lower it and your miles per gallen will increase. It did in mine. I get about 28 mph or more and I have a 02 4.6 V8.

Blown2v

• Mustang: 2003 GT
  • Daily driver: 2003 GT
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 12:03:11 AM »
this thread is dead the look at how long ago back in 2006 it was posted

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring