Forum > Your Mustangs

1968 Coupe

(1/1)

jcdeuce:
Hello all from lake Jackson, TX I have a 1968 Coupe. 302/auto car. pretty much a stock care except was originally 289 but now has 302. Alway looking for good sources to lend a hand with the bit by bit restoration I am trying to do on a shoestring budget.

Soaring:
Hi JC, and welcome to the site. There are quite a few of us on here who are Texans.  I'm from Wimberley which is in the hill country, and we have one from San Antonio and one from Dallas.  We can try to help you with the restoration.  The first thing you need to get are some catalogs.  Google NPD, Texas Mustang (Waco), John's Mustang (Houston), Mustangs plus, Mustangs Unlimited,  and CJ Pony parts.  Get those guys to send you a catalog. 

keiken01:
You'll want to be sure and plan out your purchases to take advantage of discounts like free shipping on large orders.  It took me 3 years to restore my '68 Coupe and I got most of it from NPD, Mustangs Unlimited and Mustangs Plus.  I started out buying off ebay but found I was able to save $ buying in bulk.  Mustangs Unlimited had awesome service.  They replaced defective parts free of charge even though I had possession for 8 months but hadn't got around to installing them to discover the problem. 

I was also able to find a few parts at places like JC Whitney, like leaf springs, shackles and other more common replacement parts.

Soaring:
JC Whitney gets a bad rap sometimes, but I bought a new top for my '57 Plymouth vert way back in the day, and it fit perfectly.  You just have to be careful not to buy their cheap stuff made in China. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version