Forum > V6, 2.3, and Turbo Technical forum

88 4cyl engine swap

<< < (3/7) > >>

xnutt:

--- Quote from: Soaring on February 18, 2008, 11:47:32 AM ---Yeah, I doubt that Michael will answer since this question was asked about 3 years ago.  ;D And, I didn't mean to sound rude either.  It's just that going from a 2.3 liter 1988 Mustang to a 302 requires a little more than changing out the engine.  We all know that, so let's not argue about the obvious.  The running chassis includes everything under the car that makes it go down the road.  That includes the engine, transmission, rear end and brake system.  That all would have to be upgraded to the V8 version to make the change viable.  If you don't make that change, you are not doing it right.  If all you do is change out the engine and motor mounts, you are just a shade tree mechanic. 

--- End quote ---

my apologies.

i agree with the brakes and such. more weight and speed mean more braking is needed for proper stopping.

alot of people don't understand that in order to go carbed you need to either change gas tanks or go aftermarket fuel system i.e. fuel pump and sumped tank as the F.I. tank is different. there are several little things that need done depending on which way the build is being done.

Soaring:
No need for an apology at all.  I guess I should have told your wife to have you post your expert advise in how the conversion would be accomplished, but for brevity's sake, I said "Bring him on."  It was not meant to be a challenge.  Dam, the written English language is hard to decifer at times.  Sorry Bro....
Now, getting back to the conversion.  If you already own a 2.3 4 banger 88 model Mustang, and you want to make it a V8, what exactly do you recommend that you take out and replace.  This is not a trap.  Just run it down for us so I can include that in the FAQ.  A written fact sheet plus pictures would be absolutely great.  Now, there is the challenge for you.   ;D I plan to do a write-up on how to change from a single bowl MC on an early Mustang to a dual bowl in the next few weeks.  I am in the actual process of doing that physical change right now. 

xnutt:

--- Quote from: Soaring on February 18, 2008, 08:34:02 PM ---No need for an apology at all.  I guess I should have told your wife to have you post your expert advise in how the conversion would be accomplished, but for brevity's sake, I said "Bring him on."  It was not meant to be a challenge.  Dam, the written English language is hard to decifer at times.  Sorry Bro....
Now, getting back to the conversion.  If you already own a 2.3 4 banger 88 model Mustang, and you want to make it a V8, what exactly do you recommend that you take out and replace.  This is not a trap.  Just run it down for us so I can include that in the FAQ.  A written fact sheet plus pictures would be absolutely great.  Now, there is the challenge for you.   ;D I plan to do a write-up on how to change from a single bowl MC on an early Mustang to a dual bowl in the next few weeks.  I am in the actual process of doing that physical change right now. 

--- End quote ---

yeah that's a challenge lol. i can do the pics more towards spring/slummer (5 degrees  is a little cold out). i'm doing one for a guy now (92 4 banger auto lx). the engine is already out so a little of the work as been done.

i'll try to do a write up on the swap tomorrow from start to finish.

Soaring:
Good deal Lucille.  I am waiting with baited breath to read the write-up. I am sure it will go into the FAQ. 

Thierry:
The engine swap process has been asked many times here and a write up with photos would be a great idea. And maybe I could use the info to turn my V6  Firebird into a V8 Trans Am  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version