Forum > North East USA

CT/New England Scenic Mustang Cruise Sunday June 22nd



All Connecticut and New England Mustang enthusiasts are invited on our scenic cruise, which we have planned to be a relaxing and fun retreat on the Sunday afternoon of June 22nd. We will cruise our route through part of the Litchfield Hills, which reveal some of Connecticut's most beautiful scenery. Open, winding roads will let you have fun handling your Mustang! Bring your spouse and friends; our cruise will be family friendly and we will end it with a unique dining experience at Puerto Vallarta Mexican Restaurant in Avon, CT, which has been voted Best by the Advocates Readers' Poll for several years.
We will be meeting at Ultimate Edge Performance for 11:00 AM ( for directions) and then later at Peak Fitness Plaza in East Granby Connecticut for 1:00 PM (just past the Bradley Airport run way, across from the Route 20/East Street intersection). You can reach Route 20 from 91 North or South; just take the exit for Bradley Airport and follow Route 20 to the Granby/East Granby exit (this will take you past the runway and towards our meeting location). Please email us at if you plan to come, so we can get a head count for Puerto Vallarta. There will be a prize raffle at the end of the cruise for participants.


For saftey considerations surrounding the fact that we have members coming from different parts of the state and out of state, we will move the cruise to next Sunday June 29th. I hope everyone can attend next week and I apologize for any inconvenience. I wish I could control the weather!

Here is the forecast from one site:

"Mostly cloudy and humid. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after noon. Some showers may contain heavy downpours at times. Some storms may become severe during the afternoon/evening. High: 79"

On other sites, the forecasts are similar or more severe for different portions of the state, so I don't want anyone being caught in an unsafe driving situation or lightning/T-storms.

Let's hope for wonderful sunny weather next Sunday! The roads and views on this cruise are truly spectacular and deserve the best weather possible so we can enjoy the day to its fullest.

Today's cruise is canceled, look for a new date in the coming days.

Although it looks sunny now, there is a line of showers to our west and according to and other sources there is a high probability for severe thunderstorms, hail and heavy down pours. I can't risk holding this event with this sort of possible weather. Earlier in the cruise season when the worst possible weather was drizzle and a mild shower I opted to go forward with the cruises, but thunderstorms, hail and heavy down pours are more risky and unsafe. This cruise will be moved into August and I apologize, but I have a responsibility to keep our club members, safe and happy (I don't think today will allow for that).

There is a saying in New England, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." That's why I moved to California. In 31 consecutative years, my Mustang club has never had a cruise or car show rained out. We got a lot of fog induced condensation from the Redwood trees falling down on our cars every time we travel Cal hwy 35, Skyline, but that's different.


[0] Message Index

Go to full version