Forum > Mustang news and rumors

2010 Ford mustang revealed

<< < (2/7) > >>

Thierry:
When you buy cheap import products you send capitals abroad making foreign companies richer and allowing them to invest and offer cheaper and better products. If you don't buy US made products, US companies won't make enough profits to survive and the only way they will have to be able to compete would be to lower employment cost. If your pay becomes as low as what it is in China, the money you saved in the past would cost you more.
I worked in a Ford plant in France for 13 years. The factory was building automatic transmissions for Mustangs and trucks since 1973 and in a couple years, the factory will be shut down and moved in Eastern Europe where labour is cheaper. If the situation doesn't get better, the same will happen in North America.

OK to get back to the topic, I agree with you Teven, the rear of the Mustang is not great but I love the rest of the car  :D

teven_69_2:
Well I believe the reason that so many people are purchasing overseas cars is because of the reliability. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Mustang, but lets be honest, not everyone is an enthusiast(sp). A lot of people want the plane jane, commuter, and if I wanted that I would buy a Toyota, or a Honda. They can easily get 200K+! If I wanted a Car that will break-down, or that I have to worry about constantly after 100K it'd be an american made car. There is no contest to whom makes the longer laster more cost effective car, the foreingers(sp).

With the V8, it looks good, and adding more HP is always a nice thing. Bumping the tourque, and improving the suspension will add a new light to the 2010 Stang, but I'm an ass man, and the rear of that car is just plane ugly.... lol.

Thierry:
Well, if we all start to boycott imports, we will see who will make the longer laster more cost effective cars in the future and I'd rather buy a Mustang with an ugly rear than any other import  ;D

Soaring:
You guys are mixing apples with oranges.  A Mustang is not a commuter car, but an American icon cheap and fast sports car.  The Ford  and Chevy 4 cylinder versions would be commuter cars, and the Toyota, Honda and Nissan 4 bangers would be the typical foreign commuter car.  Given the choice between the Ford, Chevy and Toyota, Honda or Nissan, I would choose the foreign made models every time.  I have owned Hondas and Toyotas that I have put well over 300,000 miles on them without a major overhaul.  Whenever the American Automobile Industry gets its' head out of its' ass a start building the same quality automobile as these other companies are building, then maybe the American public confidence will return, but without a major CEO overhaul and some major event to take place like a bankruptsy to occur, the UAW union will continue to suck those companies dry.  I heard today that the Ford CEO made 28 million dollars last year.  That kind of shit needs to go away and a return to reality needs to take place.  I am all for not bailing out these compoanies until a major turn- around takes place.  Throwing good money after bad is not a good investment for the American public.  If the big three want a bailout, then they need to ask Big Oil for the loan. 

Thierry:

--- Quote ---You guys are mixing apples with oranges.  A Mustang is not a commuter car, but an American icon cheap and fast sports car.  The Ford  and Chevy 4 cylinder versions would be commuter cars, and the Toyota, Honda and Nissan 4 bangers would be the typical foreign commuter car.
--- End quote ---

Japanese always made good economic cars and they were their specialty but they are now building better full size trucks than Ford, GM and Chrysler with the Toyota Tundra and Nissan Titan. Soon, they will offer a cheap V8, rear wheel drive sport car and there will be no more American icon.

There is major changes that need to be done in Detroit but the most important one is to start by buying home made products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version