Author Topic: Where are all the parts at  (Read 7693 times)

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
  • I am part of the 2 percenters in America
    • http://www.geocities.com/mustangmafia_ky2/
  • Mustang: 1973 FORD MACH ONE
Where are all the parts at
« on: March 02, 2006, 09:44:12 PM »
Okay guys I am the newbie and need your help. I want parts and at good prices of course. I have seen alot of sites that want your leg and arm to get a spoiler and bumber but I am in the army and anyone that has ever been in the army as a Enlisted Member you know that money don't flow all the time. If there is anyone that can help me not only find parts but that dorky information about my 1973 mach one 351 C fmx trans it would be great

donalyn

Re: Where are all the parts at
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 02:49:11 PM »
You've got a '73? My experience is with '65 parts, but the 3 companies I use all advertise they supply '73 parts also. First, of course, there is eBay. I've had moderate success with my Mustang purchases, good success with other items on eBay.

Of the companies, I like Mustangs Plus (www.mustangsplus.com) (800) 999-4289, best. Their 90 day return policy is the best I've found. They run sales often, so I made a "need" list and a "wish" list and check the sales flyers against my 2 lists. I try to only buy when the item is on sale. Mustangs Plus also has the most comprehensive and useable index and the catalogue is filled with practical and useful information on the parts rather than just a catalogue of parts, period. Sales people really seem to know Mustangs themselves which is helpful when you want to know details about a particular part.They are VERY prompt. Shipping costs are reasonable, but they are in CA and so am I.

Next, I equally like Larry's (www.larrystbird.com) (800) 854-0393 and California Mustang (www.cal-mustang.com) (800)775-0101. I've been a customer of CA Mustangs for about 8 years and am a relatively new customer with Larry's.

Never had any problems with any of these three and they have helped me a lot, let me return long after the stated return period, let me exchange  on a bunch of interior parts when I decided to change my interior color, and have always been very pleasant.

(I do not, nor have I ever worked for any of these companies, tho wish I did so I could get the employee discounts!)

I have not tried the used-parts-on line from-dealers route.

You might ask if they have an active military duty discount. Given the times, maybe they'll just make one up if they don't have one!  Good luck!   :-D

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 02:10:25 PM »
Hey I thank you very much I have tried to keep updated with all that parts compianes and right now ebay is starting to look very good to me and I think in the long run if you look at it enough ebay will be one of the best the only thing I don't like is the shipping charges wow they can kill you. STANG OUT

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 02:12:52 PM »
Hey I thank you very much I have tried to keep updated with all that parts compianes and right now ebay is starting to look very good to me and I think in the long run if you look at it enough ebay will be one of the best the only thing I don't like is the shipping charges wow they can kill you. STANG OUT

Jerry Baker

• http://www.geocities.com/themustangmafia/
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 10:58:03 AM »
I think I wrote you already but email me at themustangmafia@yahoo.com and I have some real good places that I order from.

Im at work now or I would post them all

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu