Author Topic: Tuning  (Read 18591 times)

wlgj

Re: Tuning
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2008, 01:24:38 PM »
American comp. like Ford cars etc. that are built in Canada to me are canadian cars.The money stays in North America.Also I work for a steel plant that makes parts for american cars.
I do not consider asian cars,even the ones built in canada,canadian because the profits go to asia.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »
 Good point  :D

rmodel65

• Global Moderator
  • the mustang man
  • Mustang: 65 fastback modded
  • Daily driver: 1991 gt vert
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
i had a 300zx turbo(z31) it was an auto and it was always problematic it used fluid like crazy(never could find a leak anywhere) i went to take the valve covers off the car after i sold it to a guy look inside the tops of 2-3 bolt heads were snapped off seriously wtf it ran still he was just fixing the oil leak.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2008, 04:11:18 PM »
I bought a brand new 1998 Toyota Avalon that was built by American labor in Kentucky.  I'm sure who profits here...the U.S. or Japan.  Maybe both. 

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 11:35:14 AM »
An US vehicle sold will profit US employees who built it, the pay they make from it will profit other US workers when they spend it. An Asian vehicle sold will only profit the US workers who assembled it but what about the other big portion of Asian workers who built the parts? Asian car makers will invest your money in Asia to make better vehicles and more Americans will buy them because they will be better than US ones.
 I worked in a Ford plant in France that was built in the early 70's and it will close in a couple of years because a new one is going to be built in Eastern Europe where labour is cheaper. Some day Ford, GM and Chrysler will have to do the same in the US if they want to survive.
Today the 3 big are in danger and soon we will see vehicles made in China being sold here. Imagine what will happen when a Chinese car built by workers paid a bowl of rice a day will come to the US market.
If you are patriotic don't just support your troops, buy American made products and start boycotting imported ones. Your future depends on it!

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 03:38:53 PM »
I'm doing my part.  I have two Ford Mustangs.  ;D

Silverfox193201

• Mustang: 1965 Coupe
  • Daily driver: Ford Mustang 1965
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »

Hi, I was in France during the cold war and while serving there watched periodically as Germany built the GREAT WALL and we were expecting to posssibly go to war with them over it.(COLD WAR) era. But I got to see a lot of France and it is a beautiful country and the people are some of the best in the world. They respected me very much and treated me abslutely great everywhere I went. I spent time in Chalons,  Chalons-Vatry Air Force Base, Vitry Le-Francois, Verdun, Paris, Nice, French Rivera, Nancy, several others I can't remember it has been so long. But we are glad to have you aboard with us. A BIG HEARTY WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silverfox193201   

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu