Author Topic: This is such a wonderful story  (Read 9308 times)

65springtime

• Mustang: 1965 Coupe
This is such a wonderful story
« on: April 26, 2011, 10:12:28 AM »
I hope this works. This is a story about the love of two sons for a father who found out he has cancer. Such a beautiful story.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustang-general-discussion/617856-prodject-my-dads-pony.html

65springtime

Re: This is such a wonderful story
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 01:14:43 PM »
Wow, what can I say? Yes, to be honest, I already knew everyone dies and they are born first. Just do not know what to say about your comment??? But you do have the right to say it. 

65springtime

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
Not only is this a good story but there is also a lot of good help on there for fixing up your Mustang. A lot of good pictures also. You do not have to read it Rat Fink. Just thought some of the guys would be interested. Sorry if you think this is of bad taste for a post.

TheJ

• Mustang: 1973 Mach 1
  • Daily driver: 1993 Dodge Shadow
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:59:21 PM »
Rat Fink your cynicism once again astonishes me.  If you don't like the story that's fine but the thread does have good pictures and explanations of rebuilding a mustang.  I find your bluntness refreshing sometimes but you need to learn that there is a line and you do not need to cross it every single post you make.

Konrad

• Global Moderator
  • Mustang: 2007 GT 5 speed
  • Daily driver: that is my daily driver
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »
Rat Fink of course you are entitled to your opinion but your posts seem designed to get a reaction out of people. I could be wrong but your posts seem like you are going out of your way to say abrasive things. I'm not sure if this is to piss people off or if you are acting tough and trying to who how much you don't care about sentimental things.  You say 65springtime didn't have to respond to you and then you wouldn't respond to him, but really he was the original poster and it was you responding to him.
We all know everyone dies but that doesn't mean we have to be nonchalant about it and not care. Dying for most people is not a happy proposition so if you care about someone why not do something nice for them.
When your dad was dying of cancer did you just shrug your shoulders, and go oh well everyone dies, guess its about time he kicked the bucket, let me know when he's dead.
That said, you are entitled to your opinion, I'm not going to say it's right or wrong but to rub something like that in people's faces and appear to go out of your way to say it, is not necessary.

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 03:44:16 AM »
Now I'm curious. Have you REALLY had cats on a bbq pit?

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »
Sure I'm aware of all that. In China they will eat anything and really meat is meat. It's really a matter of opinion. I dated a girl that loved rabbits. You'd offend her by talking about eating a rabbit, but for many people there is nothing at all wrong with that.
I was just wondering if you actually ate a cat. Was it someone's house cat or did you shoot yourself a bobcat?
Realistically you could probably stretch that logic a little further. Humans are meat too. There's muscle, etc and once they are dead... well they are dead. Might as well eat people too.

Joe AZ 2 PA

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »
Lived in Southeast Asia for a while and I did learn that if something I was eating tasted good I didn't ask what it was until the next day. . .  8)

65springtime

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 03:04:25 PM »
Looks like Rat Fink did the smart thing and deleted all his replys on my post here and I do not blame him. If I had said the things he said I would think twice about leaving them on here also.

65springtime

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 09:37:03 PM »
No, that is fine. Let's just talk about and help each other with our cars. John

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 02:40:05 AM »
BTW, although the thread got very off topic, I liked the story and the restoration a lot. I'd prefer the car were different, like V8, a little lower, different wheels, but that's just me. It was very cool to see how the restoration went with all that detail and pictures, I'd love to do one myself. And to the unsentimental people here, I believe that doing a thing like that for someone that's dying is just a plain good thing to do no matter what your beliefs in life and when you show someone that you care about them that much it can give them the spirit to go on with life and recover. I believe a lot of healing comes from your head and your mentality and getting his dad excited about this was probably very healthy for him.

65springtime

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 08:16:09 AM »
Yes, his Dad was very excited and I (as you) think this helps his Dad feel and do hopefuly do better. His Dad was so excited to buy new parts for the car and when his son put the old radiator in without at least painting it I thought "What". But after some comments from the board he did take it back out and painted it then it had leaks and he was going to try and patch it but later his Dad went and bought a three roll and had his son install it. This was just a nice story about a Father and his Sons who love him very much. I also got some good information from the story and all the pictures. Very helpful as I am restoring my 65. Yes, too bad it was not a V-8 but it was the car his Dad bought and wanted to restore but the Dad found out he did not have long to live. I think the Sons did a great job.  Update- http://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustang-general-discussion/617856-prodject-my-dads-pony-44.html

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 10:43:22 AM »
I'm sure if his dad makes it ok, they may do things with that car such as throw a V8 in it anyway.

65springtime

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 03:22:36 PM »
If I had a 6 banger and wanted to change over to a 289 I would buy or bid on a cheap V8 Mustang and I have seen them go for 2K and under  and I would have the parts I would need to change the car so it could handel the V8. Like you, I would not care for a 6 cyl. It may save you a little on gas but I just like V8's. But right now I am glad my wife got the Prius. (around 48mpg and at times higher). Loveing it more and more.  ;)

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
I don't believe 289s were all that bad on gas anyway.

Joe AZ 2 PA

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 07:02:24 PM »
I don't believe 289s were all that bad on gas anyway.

Just like anything else, it depends on how they are driven. Upper teens on mine. This is with a Barry Grant 625 Street Demon quad runnig thru a C4 auto. . . . .  8)

65springtime

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »
That is so true.

65springtime

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »
Here is a little more he added. Some may be interested in keeping up with this. If not then do not click on it.  :)
http://mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustang-general-discussion/617856-prodject-my-dads-pony-44.html

Konrad

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »
lol
very nice touch-ups, thanks for the update

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS