December 1, 2010
I’ve had this book on the shelf for a couple of years now. It is a great reference to have.
The book is by John M. Clor and it features Mustang Memorabilia, a lot of cool stuff.
First thing inside the front cover is a CD entitled “Sounds of Mustang”. Yup you guessed it engine sounds. It includes:
- Launch and drive by of a 1967 Shelby GT 50o w/428 big-block
- Burn out of a 1973 Grande
- 1983 Mustang GT 5.0
- 1988 Mustang LX and spinning tires
and a bunch more.
The other items are:
- brochure for 1962 prototype
- 1965 Registered Owners manual and a Ford Mustang Registered owner id card
- 1967 Ford Exterior color selections card
- 1967 Fourth Annual Glen National 500 pit pass
- 1970 Mustang Rallye (yes it’s spelled that way on the sticker) Day USA sticker for April 1970
- 1971 Mustang sale brochure
- really cool Fold Up Model card (you can cut it out and fold it for a 3d model) of a 1974 Mustang (we use to have one of these cars)
- invitation to the Mustang 20th Anniversary from 1984
- flier from Ford’s Party Plenty..Mustang’s Twenty party, held at the Westin Hotel at the Renaissance Center in Detroit
- 1979 Mustang Official Indy Pace Car bumper sticker
- 1990 press release for the 25th Anniversary special edition Mustang from Public Affairs, Ford Division
- Tickets from the 1994 and 1999 Mustang Club of America’s Anniversary celebrations
- a 2007 Shelby Cobra sticker, and 2003 Mustang 1 sticker
These are all reproductions contained in pockets on the pages so they can be removed, the stickers are actually usable.
The book contains a lot of pictures and facts.
This book is a MUST have if you are a Mustang nut, but the are tough to find at times. (ISBN – 9781932855807)
Speaking of facts there’s an Auto factoid coming.
Thanks for reading.