Author Topic: Signing in still not working for me.???  (Read 2677 times)

65springtime

• Mustang: 1965 Coupe
Signing in still not working for me.???
« on: January 05, 2011, 09:37:25 PM »
Am I the only one who still has to Login evertime I want to get on here? Is it broken?  ???

66GTKFB

• Photo contest winner
  • Mustang: 1965 GTFB, 1966 GTFB K, 1966 Hardtop
  • Daily driver: 1969 VW Baja
Re: Signing in still not working for me.???
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:16:40 AM »
The are two ways to maintain your log-on status: one is via cookies that your computer may either delete when you log off the net or delete them when you shut off your computer at the end of the day (and there may be others); the second is a "switch" in your browser that keeps you logged on semi-permanently to a lot of web sites (Amazon, e-bay, etc). I use (and prefer) the second method combined with the first. I delete all my cookies daily and have the capability of logging on by clicking the user ID block and my ID and password appears - click.
Jim 

65springtime

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:18:26 AM »
I just did not understand. I am on other forums and never have a problem. I have been on the classic truck forum for over eight years and no problems. I did not have to sign in this time and will see if this keeps up and if not will start deleting my cookies I guess. Thanks

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:32:55 PM »
Quit your bitchin'.  ;D

65springtime

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 05:30:03 PM »
Quit your bitchin'.  ;D

Glen, you sound like my wife.   ::)

65springtime

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
Hey, by the way Glen. What was the shape of your Mustang when you first got it? What all have you done to it to get it in the shape where it is today?

66GTKFB

• Photo contest winner
  • Mustang: 1965 GTFB, 1966 GTFB K, 1966 Hardtop
  • Daily driver: 1969 VW Baja
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 06:32:27 PM »
I guess I can join this thread, my 66 Hardtop is supposed to be code 8, Springtime Yellow. It was Wimbledon White. The previous bought it from a "Mustang restoration" shop that painted almost every car white. They took sadistic pleasure in painting any green car they "restored" to white (there was one red one that I know of) as green did not sell. I'm happy to say they are no longer in business.
When I got the car, the power steering didn't work well so I learned how to read the Ford Service Manual and rebuilt it.  Included in the initial mix of broke or hurting: the drivers window (rollers); drivers door latch (clip); seat covers (I learned uphostery); shocks (RH rear exploded sometime in the past); solenoid (my technician background helped a lot here); replaced the entire brake system; the radio cutout was even more "cutout" (stitch welder); replaced the way too big radio from the cutout with an el cheepo AM/FM type; replaced the wrong carburetor (it's an "A" code but had a 1961 352 4V installed); torn headliner (I was lucky enough to have a retired Ford assembly line worker replace it, he was the headliner guy in San Jose).
After the first couple of years I rebuilt the entire front end; had a replacement engine rebuilt and installed (the original is in the side yard); had the transmission rebuilt (he was a Ford plant guy too); replaced the front windshield ("bullet hole"); replaced the rear window gasket (leaked); steam cleaned the gas tank (it needed it); added 67 Style Steel Wheels (wider); converted the exhaust to a set of stock duals; added fog lamps (I had an extra set); replace the el cheepo radio with an AM/FM Cassette stereo; added rear speakers; added front kick panel speakers; replaced the old drivers rear view mirror with an adjustable one; added a matching RH mirror. There's probably more. It's my test bed for woking on the 65 GT Fastback, the 66 GT K Fastback, and the other guy's Shelby in the back yard, and the 66 GT Fastback that I sold to a guy in Australia. It's also called experience. How do you get experience. Make a lot of mistakes.
Jim

65springtime

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 12:24:54 AM »
Yep, I have to get that "How to" book. But I am really good at the "mistakes" part. Guess you just have to get in there and get your hands dirty. I just wonder about that "bullet hole". Sounds like the PO did not really know what he was doing. I hate it when they butcher up the radio hole. But that is just me. Glad mine is all stock. But it does have an am/fm cassette with the mustang on it and fits in the OE hole. I was not sure about the bench seat when I first got the car but now I really love it. Also told it is kinda rare. I like the arm rest. Thanks

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version