Author Topic: Roll bars for the Shelby GT Convertibles  (Read 15350 times)

1FAST67

Roll bars for the Shelby GT Convertibles
« on: July 01, 2005, 10:21:34 AM »
We have a 65 convertible coming in to do some serious upgrading.  We are going to put a roll bar in it.  But, I thought the Shelbys had a roll bar in the convertibles that made out of an elpiticle material.  Something like Aero tubing.  Is that correct? And, if so does any one make a replica version?  We can do a custom bar of any shape or size but thought it would be neat in this car to go a little retro look on the bar.

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
Re: Roll bars for the Shelby GT Convertibles
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 08:34:58 PM »
I don't think it is possible to find this kind of roll bars for a 65 convertible as there was no Shelby convertible produced before 1967.
Cobranda is selling Shelby reproduction ones for 1967 Mustang convertibles. They are not cheap but maybe you can use them as a reference for your '65 and maybe there is a market open for you for this kind of roll bars  :lol:

1FAST67

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 12:30:08 PM »
Thanks for the lead.  I have sent them an Email to ask about the 67 bar in a 65 car.  I think it would look really neat in this car.  If anyone is interested I will try to post some pictures as we go.  Waring though - this is not a car for the purist.  Body will remain stock but suspension will be totally different.  Thanks again.

racedraper

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 07:25:45 PM »
sounds like my car .post pics lets see your progress. I love when people update their rides to modern stuff. love the roll bar idea. what about using a a oval styles bars insread of round stock. Maybe you could retro fit 69 style bars.

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version