Author Topic: newbie with a 69  (Read 12654 times)

axpak69

newbie with a 69
« on: June 24, 2005, 10:17:30 AM »
Hey all, pretty new to the forum, and i dont know jack about cars. I Have my dream car, a 69 fastback, waiting for me to put my time and energy into her. My friend gave me a 302 that came out of his old 84 thunderbird, i have the straight six in her right now. I dont know whether i should put in the boss, or leave the six. Anyways, my uncle has a long history of restoring mustangs, so i'm sure I'll be ok, but i still would appreciate your comments and/or advice. I'm planning on taking the body down to metal, and starting over (with an air powered DA sander). Needs a new interior & carpet. I dont know how to do crap, but i have a digital camera, so i'll be posting my blunders for your entertainment :)

Jerry Baker

• http://www.geocities.com/themustangmafia/
Re: newbie with a 69
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 09:34:13 AM »
Well I like the V8s very much and if you can get every thing right it would be fine to put it in.  As far a putting one back together Im with you my 69 is at a paint shop now.

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 12:45:07 AM »
I would go with the v8 also because to much power never hurt.  Just pick up some repair manuals from autozone or something.  Mustang magazines at hastings can teach you a lot.  Good luck with your car.  I got a 69 coupe.

Jerry Baker

• http://www.geocities.com/themustangmafia/
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 08:29:46 PM »
So Axpak69 how goes the resto?

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
  • I am part of the 2 percenters in America
    • http://www.geocities.com/mustangmafia_ky2/
  • Mustang: 1973 FORD MACH ONE
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 08:37:43 PM »
Okay bro I am like you I don't know much about mustangs but what I do know is that if you keep it as close to factory as possible then you will get alot more for your money if you ever sellf it. If you plan on keeping it though I would but the 429 CJ in it but that is all on you. The 302 would also be a nice motor even if you made it FI that would really get the judges attention at the shows. Well man keep me up with wha tis going on and tell me how it comes to you. STANG OUT

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 03:50:10 PM »
Replacing the straight 6 with the 302 is a nice dream if you have the money and skills to make the transition, but you are going to have to replace the suspension as well as the transmission and rear end.  If you have the money and the skills to make that transition, then go for it. 

relic1864

• Mustang: 1969 hard top
  • Daily driver: 58/m
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 08:50:12 PM »
I'm a newbie too. I found a restored 69 coupe 302 v2 black vynal top all origional and a winner the past 6 years in the mustang class at the state fair each year. I know nothing about fixing anything so I'm lucky that this one has been restored and only needs minor things done. Like the instrument cluster relay for the only thing it really needs fixing. I'm trying to get my nerve up to try to do this myself. The guy also has a very nice 67 coupe that he's also restoring. Might try to get that one too when he finishes.

cole

• Mustang: 1969 mustang
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 11:35:42 PM »
that straight 6 did not come in the car originaly did it? and use that camera and give us some pics.

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version