Forum > Mustang Discussions

Magnum 500 - 16 ou 17"

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tim175:
Theres your pictures and sources ;D

Soaring:
Well, right now, Mustangs unlimited is undergoing routine maintenance, but I looked in their catalog, and sure enough, they have the 17X8" magnum 500's listed. 

rmodel65:
welcome and dont worry too much about your english it seems to be ok :P

i like 17's on the classic but that's about the max i'd use. personally i like the look of the 15s with some very meaty tires on the rear :D

FASTBACK65GT:
On the large dia. wheels like the 16" & 17" magnum 500s, it appears the spoke/bolt center section is the same used throughout the size ranges, they just put a larger outer ring section on for the larger tire.  This changes all the nice proportions of the Magnum 500 giving more chrome ring when viewing.  I don't particularly care for it and I looked at larger 16"& 17" 500 rims myself.  I ended up stepping up 1 size to a 15" instead of stock 14" for a 65-66 Mustang.  It didn't visually change much in size, but I think if you go up to 17" you might not like the look.

You can use a photo editor to calculate and change the wheel size before you buy to see what you will like.  But remember to keep the black 5-spoke section the same size thru cut-n-pasting.  I looked at 14s thru 17s with a photo-editor before I bought to make sure I would be happy with the final size, since they are a big investment.  A little time before you buy will pay off in the end.

hwblask:

--- Quote from: FASTBACK65GT on August 26, 2009, 08:26:39 AM ---On the large dia. wheels like the 16" & 17" magnum 500s, it appears the spoke/bolt center section is the same used throughout the size ranges, they just put a larger outer ring section on for the larger tire.  This changes all the nice proportions of the Magnum 500 giving more chrome ring when viewing. (...)

--- End quote ---

Thanks fastback,
I only saw the larger magnum 500īs at internet. And i just had the same feeling: Whoever designed the 16 and 17", didnīt follow the proportions. And this is not good.... :(
I will spend lots of time to decide exactly whatīs going to fit best my mach1.
Hereīs the difference:

Iīll post some pictures, later, of the restoration of my stang. According to the guys that are doing the job, will be done by august 2010.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version