Author Topic: Guess Im new  (Read 8416 times)

paulekas

Guess Im new
« on: August 17, 2005, 11:23:28 PM »
Hey, I read the topic on people not posting enough.  Im new to mustangv8.com, I belong to a few other car forums, and recently stumbled upon this one.  Im 16 years old, and Im working 50-70 hour weeks as a cheap laborist assisting a kitchen cabnet installer making 5 dollors an hour.  Im saving for my first car, right now I drive a 89 Toyota Pickup.  When I save enogh Im hoping to buy an 80's fox body Mustang GT.  I read as much engine mechanical literature as I can.  Iv reserch the 83-92 Mustangs some, but I was wondering if I could get some advice on past owners and someone with a general knowledge of that year Mustangs.  
PS-Dont mean to post out of place since I am new to this forum, thanks.

racedraper

Re: Guess Im new
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 10:12:23 PM »
welcome to the site. so what find of questions do you have for the fox body. At one time I had a 79 cobra ,4 banger with turbo. lot of fun to drive. you should be able to find them pretty easy around 1000 to 5000 or you could also find a capri. personally I like the looks of a capri with the oversized wheel wells.

paulekas

Re: Guess Im new
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 11:15:35 PM »
Well, I dont have any specific questions becasue I dont own one.  But just generaly, personal, information.  LIke what I should expect to pay for one.  Interiors doesnt really have to be a problem, I kind of plan on making a personalized cockpit.  But, engine of good shape, frequent oil changes, and other fluids.  And with little exterior damage.  I think kbb hade it at around 1,700.  But with gas prices, and it having a V8, I would think It might be a little cheaper.  And also, a specific year to look for, that may have had some nice upgrades.  And I was thinking with a V8 running 220 HP, it should have some potential at rasing it around 280ish, somewhat easily.  And hey, thanks for the welcome, and sorry I didnt reply sooner, out of town.  Thanks

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version