Author Topic: Going to get a new Mustang read this  (Read 6935 times)

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
  • I am part of the 2 percenters in America
    • http://www.geocities.com/mustangmafia_ky2/
  • Mustang: 1973 FORD MACH ONE
Going to get a new Mustang read this
« on: October 24, 2008, 10:28:16 PM »
Hey Guys first of all I am back but Drill Sergeant duties have kept me from staying on here like I would like to. I have been thinking about going and getting a new mustang but not sure which one to get. I dont want one that is used for the fact that I know people now a days dont take care of there cars then they trade them in only to give them to the next person in crappy condition.

I am also at the point where I might have to get rid of my 73 for reasons that I am not happy about. I got the rear patch panels done but I cannot seem to get back home to pick it up which is killing me right now. I know that for the next couple years I will get no time off which is fine down time is for the weak and I have to train these little fellas to go to war so every minute I am with them is another minute I can train them to stay alive which is what it is all about.

I have alot of buddies that are here for the money but anyone who is or has been in the Military knows you dont do this for hte money but for the pride rather. I wont have time to complete my car so I think I might have to giver her to someone that has time but not sure really how to go about that. SO again read and drop me a line if you have time to read this throw something on here to get ideas going. STANG OUT

Bossnutt

• My Mustang Site
  • Mustang: 1985 Project car
Re: Going to get a new Mustang read this
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 12:14:19 AM »
I truely commend you for your loyalty to the boys rather than to the paycheck.  Like you said anyone who has been in the military or even around the military know the "good" ones from the ones that just want to cash a check.  Sorry to hear you might have to get rid of the 73 that sucks.  As for possibly getting another stang instead, you might be better off getting one from someone that you know or one off of the boards.  Because I definately agree with you that people don't take care of their cars anymore.  You'd be better off getting one from someone that really cares about the cars and is selling it due to unfortunate circumstances or is just ready for another project.  That's what we usually do.  We get them when they are broken and beat down and bring them back to life and then sell them to someone who will love them again. 
Good luck with shaping those boys into men and best of luck on the car situation.

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 03:01:36 AM »
That  is what I would love to do, but I would like to get a brand new one and I need to get rid of my 05 truck. Notice I said truck and didn't tell you what make and model for I would never hear the end of it on here,lol. I dont have a need for three vech. so I will probably have to trade this one in and try to get a sweet deal but who knows. If anyone has any insight that I could do for good beef ups or if that new mustang has so amny problems I should just stay away from let a brother know thanks.

rmodel65

• Global Moderator
  • the mustang man
  • Mustang: 65 fastback modded
  • Daily driver: 1991 gt vert
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 03:05:47 AM »
well the new s197 body style comes out soon wait and see if you like the current 05-08 looks or the new one, sure wish i could get a new one :(

Bossnutt

• My Mustang Site
  • Mustang: 1985 Project car
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 08:03:52 AM »
That  is what I would love to do, but I would like to get a brand new one and I need to get rid of my 05 truck. Notice I said truck and didn't tell you what make and model for I would never hear the end of it on here,lol.

My famous line is......."if you can't afFORD it, then Dodge it".  I can't say much anyway, my current "gas ride" is a 1994 Geo Prizm.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »
It's good to hear from you again Russ.  Welcome back from Drill Sergeant training. 

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »
Well I was about a hairt away from driving off the lot in a 09 gt, orange. the only thing was trying to get the price down and they were knocking cash off left and right. MY wife even wanted me to get it but it was my choice to walk and try to get a better rate another day. That was the only free day I will have in the next 12 days so I will get a chance to really look at what I want in one of them. I really liked the way it drove and felt and of course the responce it had. There was one tht was a vapor and it hada a lot fo bells and wistles and I think I want that one but it has like heated seats which I dont need, but everything else is sweet.

Oh another thing that dam moon roof it has is the dumbest idea they have got on it, wtf . well guys if this has any major problems that I have checked on hit me back and let a brother know I also heard it was hard to upgrade this typr of car and want that myth to go away. Thanks

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 04:32:56 PM »
That glass roof is an option that came out for the 09's Russ.  So, you can still get a coupe without it. 

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 06:55:43 PM »
yeah I am not trying ot get the glass roof it is dumb and not worth it need the inside scoop if anyone knows if it is worth it

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 07:06:32 PM »
If what is worth it?  The glass roof, or a new Mustang?  If it is the new Mustang you are asking about, you would be foolish to buy a brand new one because you will lose $10,000 of value the first year.  If I was looking for a relatively new Mustang, I would be looking for a  used 2007 GT with realatively few miles on it.  Your assumption that folks don't take care of their cars anymore is unfounded.  If you were to buy a car that is only a year or so old, how can they have abused it enough to warrant the expenditure of $10,00 more dollars?  Keep looking around, and not necessarily at dealerships.  Keep checking Craigslist in your area. 

rmodel65

• Global Moderator
  • the mustang man
  • Mustang: 65 fastback modded
  • Daily driver: 1991 gt vert
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 09:45:09 PM »
if i was gonna buy a new one i buy a V6 car add a turbo and the shelby CS6 stuff to it

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 09:53:13 PM »
Yeah, but you know what your are doing.  "NORMAL"  folks don't have your expertise.  ;D  The V8 engine and trasmission assures you that you have the suspension to carry that V8 and the related suspension. 

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 09:00:03 AM »
Glad to see you back Russ and sorry to hear you have to get rid of your Mach1.
need the inside scoop if anyone knows if it is worth it
What is an inside scoop?

The 2010 Mustang should be available at the dealers sometime next spring and it will be unveiled at the LA Auto Show next month. Wait to see if you like it and if you do, it might be worth waiting a few extra months. A new car will loose a lot of value after you buy it but it will be worse if a new model comes out a few months later.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 06:46:19 PM »
Glad to see you back Russ and sorry to hear you have to get rid of your Mach1.
need the inside scoop if anyone knows if it is worth it
What is an inside scoop?

The 2010 Mustang should be available at the dealers sometime next spring and it will be unveiled at the LA Auto Show next month. Wait to see if you like it and if you do, it might be worth waiting a few extra months. A new car will loose a lot of value after you buy it but it will be worse if a new model comes out a few months later.
And, that is exactly how the car dealers are able to make a ton of money on new cars.  They somehow convince the public that buying a new car is the best route, and that the new cars will retain their value, and that the new cars are the most fuel efficient.  Bullshit.  You will lose about 10,000 dollars after the first year or two of owning a new Mustang.  Guaranteed.  Been there, done that.

66GTKFB

• Photo contest winner
  • Mustang: 1965 GTFB, 1966 GTFB K, 1966 Hardtop
  • Daily driver: 1969 VW Baja
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 07:01:29 PM »
Ignore anything Glen posts today. It's his big milestone birthday and he may be into the 'whoopee' a bit.

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »
Well Glen it is always good to hear that you are always thinking postive like usually,lol. I know for a fact that alot of kids are getting sparts cars and not knowing the value of the car and not caring and ripping the shit out of them. I would love to get a older one and if I get a newer one I will keep it for a long mintue. I would get the 08 but not trying to get a car someone else has drove for the fact that my dad Builds cars and I have seen how people treat them. I dont want to get something that will crap out or have problems, and with the warranties they have today if somehting goes wrong on older cars they dont fix that one part that breaks.

I am not saying it will be the best option to buy an 09 but the look and drive is awesome, I need to get rid of my chevy truck for it is killing me and even though gas is going down, for now, you never know what could happen. Let me know what you think

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 07:41:55 PM »
Well Glen it is always good to hear that you are always thinking postive like usually,lol. I know for a fact that alot of kids are getting sparts cars and not knowing the value of the car and not caring and ripping the shit out of them. I would love to get a older one and if I get a newer one I will keep it for a long mintue. I would get the 08 but not trying to get a car someone else has drove for the fact that my dad Builds cars and I have seen how people treat them. I dont want to get something that will crap out or have problems, and with the warranties they have today if somehting goes wrong on older cars they dont fix that one part that breaks.

I am not saying it will be the best option to buy an 09 but the look and drive is awesome, I need to get rid of my chevy truck for it is killing me and even though gas is going down, for now, you never know what could happen. Let me know what you think
There is absolutely no thinking positive when dealing with car dealers.  They are not your friend, and they do not want to save you any money.  You are foolish if you think so.  If you want to lose a ton of money during the first year or so, go ahead and buy a new Mustang. 

fjt226

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 05:20:11 PM »
As buying a new vehicle is certainly a personal choice, let it be just that, a personal choice.  Get something you will be happy with and forget what everyone else says.  After all, you are the one that gonna drive it.

On a separate note, thanks for your service to the country.

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 04:09:22 AM »
Glen do you ever read what I type? I never said they were your friend anyone smarter than Motor Oil knows the basic concept of Business, to make money, I said that people dont take car of your cars nad the dealers really dont know how they are being taken care of but they try to sell them to you like they have never been rode hard, and that is bull. I think if you wanted a used one craigs list would be a good option but I was asking if there was anyone that had that inside info on the 09. I am really trying to get something going. Stang Out. Thierry what is up I didn't forget about you bro

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 11:57:06 AM »
I have always been against the idea of buying a new vehicle for the same reason as the one given by Glen but like you say Russ, you never know what you get when you buy an used car and what you save when buying one could be lost if a problem happens after the warranty runs out.
If you are not planing to sell the car six months later why not buying a new one. It will still be a better investment than any other sedan of the same price. Glad you didn't forget about us ;) . How was school?

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version