Forum > Mustang Discussions

gAS LEAKING FROM MY 4100

(1/3) > >>

jcrhodes:
My 65 289 V 4 Mustang has a newly rebuilt 4100, yesterday I started it up and it was running very ruff, I just drove it last week with no problems.  It smelt like gas so I thought it was just flooded, when I took off the air cleaner I saw pools of gas in the manifold, the carb had gas coming out both overflow holes.  Could the float be stuck?

Soaring:
Absolutely.  Take the top off and check the floats for free movement.  If it is a newly overhauled carb, you shouldn't have any other problem if it was running good last week. 
And, welcome to the site.  Hang around and chat with us. 

jcrhodes:
Thanks I'll give it a try.

FASTBACK65GT:
If you can't quite get it fixed, you might consider doing what a lot of people do with their 4100s...get a new aftermarket Holley or other, and keep that 4100 off to the side for when you later sell the car.  4100s are just prone to a lot of problems and the new carbs will make your car enjoyable to drive.

66GTKFB:

--- Quote from: FASTBACK65GT on February 16, 2010, 07:19:32 PM ---If you can't quite get it fixed, you might consider doing what a lot of people do with their 4100s...get a new aftermarket Holley or other, and keep that 4100 off to the side for when you later sell the car.  4100s are just prone to a lot of problems and the new carbs will make your car enjoyable to drive.

--- End quote ---
You better stick to your slot cars.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version