Author Topic: factory or custom????????  (Read 9921 times)

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
  • I am part of the 2 percenters in America
    • http://www.geocities.com/mustangmafia_ky2/
  • Mustang: 1973 FORD MACH ONE
factory or custom????????
« on: January 13, 2007, 08:33:13 AM »
Okay guys I know that I get alot of views but the post are always the same four or five guys and now I am asking for everyones helps if you look at this post them atleast post something on it. I have an 73 Mach One that I know every one here wants,LOL.

I want to know since it is so close to factory settings weither I should jsut go ahead and complete it all back or should I start changing it up starting with the paint.

Now don't say custom for the sake of saying custom give me some facts or jsut good thouhgts on why or for that fact why not too.

I hope that eveyone will help me in my thought proccess and I will listen to everyones thoughts. STANG OUT

racedraper

Re: factory or custom????????
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 09:14:39 AM »
what do you want to do? They only probelm with a custom care is that you loose money if you ever sell, unless you have a name on it like Foose or unique preformance are rad rods of troy. shoot they put alot of money in those cares like a complete suspension set up. but if I were make your car into your dream care. besides you need a head start cause my 429 is getting balance and blueprinted as we speak. Im guess around500 hp when done. so you better get it right unless ou want to e dusted .lol

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 09:33:52 AM »
Nah bro I know factory is the way to go and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO close that it isn't even funny but make sure you spell my name right on the pink slip but I will let you lose in fashion bro. LOL STANG OUT keep the post comming let me see what the rest of you guys got.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 09:43:51 AM »
Custom, but that's just me . lol   Unless it's something rare. Make it show who you are. What you think is cool .

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
All depends of the budget you are planing to spend on it. There is no need to have a name like Foose or Rad Rods, sorry Racedraper  :-), to build a car with high value.
Look at the Ring Brothers, they were unknown until they built the Kona Mustang. They started from a regular 1967 fastback and the car sold at over a $1.000.000 on Ebay wich is a price that no Shelby, Boss 429 or other rare original Mustang ever reached.
There is no need to go that crazy but if you modify your Mustang with taste and quality parts, your Mustang won't loose any value.
The latest craze in Muscle cars is the Pro touring style. Classic Muscle cars with modern technology. I love them.
To learn more about them you can visit this site: Lateral-G.net

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 05:38:24 PM »
Yeah it is all that you can afford. I have alot of buddies that go all out and spend some good cash on there cars and they are really nice but even when I was little my dad taught me that you can put as much as you want into something but how often do you see an orig. car rolling down the road.

I am still a young punk but like to go with the style it is sooo close I don't want to mess it up. STANG OUT

racedraper

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »
here you go soldier.

racedraper

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 04:18:22 PM »
do it like this LOL

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 06:17:37 PM »
Nice photos Racedraper. I especially like the "mach1WES.JPG" but the Mustang on the first photo might be too much. Racing suspensions and everything else stock might be the way to go Rentascout. This way you can bring it back to original when you feel like it.

racedraper

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 08:05:04 PM »
This is Darkhorseracing.net race car  they has have a downloadable
 kit to relocate the upper control arms on 1st gen mustangs.
http://darkhorseracing.net/how_to's1.htm

its a complete step by step thing with timplates and everything. Ive talked to these guys before and they will bend over backwards to help out any way and they also have full fiberglass kits of 68 mustang fastbacks plus other fiberglass kits of mustangs

Jerry Baker

• http://www.geocities.com/themustangmafia/
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »
ok here is what I want to know before I say which way I would go.  

1.  do you plan on showing the car or driving it around and haveing fun with it?

Do you Loke the color the factory put on it?

Now I seen you all say something about money.   to be honest if your going to put it back factory so that you can show it, well your better get a home loan.  Its not cheap.  

Now take my mach 1 its about 90% factory.  I have added a few things that I wanted for me.   Im not going to sell it so to me its don't matter factory or custom.

First bro you have to decide what its going to be in your life then the other questions will answer themselfs.

ok thats my 2 cents

rouge67

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 04:50:23 PM »
In Europe, when we modify a car whith modern and visible accessories, we have a word: TUNING. I 'm not attracted by that. What I do with my Mustang? I restored it like factory but I put some accessories, like a man living in '70 and who would use accessories of time. (is it clear ?  :-? )

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2007, 04:34:02 PM »
Well thanks again for info Godfather mine is so close to factory and I don't like toe color but it will be worth more for my daughter when I pass that it is worth it to place everything back to the way it was. I also need a good place to go and get my skins so I can get them on there. STANG OUT..

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version