Author Topic: car stereo  (Read 2640 times)

65 COUPE

• Mustang: 65 coupe
car stereo
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:08:45 PM »
I'm looking for  a decent stereo for my 65  coupe.  I've looked at retro sound and  got bad reviews.  Any ideas?  I don't want   anything with such  small  lettering I need a magnifying glass to read. I'd like something retro if possible

Topless_Horse

• Mustang: 66 convertible
  • Daily driver: Ram 2500 Cummins
Re: car stereo
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 06:46:31 AM »
I have a friend who has the RetroSound system in his 56 190 SL and he loves it.  Long ago I bought a Custom Autosound AM/FM/Cassette (it's really a Kenwood unit with the case modified to fit the Mustang) and I'm very happy with it.  It came with aux inputs so I can use my iPod.  I don't think they make that particular model any longer but you could also look at their current offerings.

There are also people that remove the guts from the original radios and replace them with modern guts.  I don't have any information about those but I've seen some reviews on the Vintage Mustang forum.

65 COUPE

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 07:58:21 AM »
Thanks much  with the info. I have looked at the Custom Autosound  radio. They have a new one out that a CD am/fm. The cd is hidden behind the face place. It's new and there have been no feedback given on  the unit. I found it on Amazon for $149 compared to CJ pony parts  for $154.

JIM

65 COUPE

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 02:13:39 AM »
 Who makes US made  oil  pans  and trans pans  for 65   289 / C4 trans? Chrome  or  painted

Topless_Horse

• Mustang: 66 convertible
  • Daily driver: Ram 2500 Cummins
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 06:22:42 AM »
I don't know but you could call some of the reputable parts houses and ask them.  National Parts Depot and Glazier-Nolan Mustang Barn tend to have good quality stuff and would be good places to start.  You could also try a salvage yard or Craig's list to try to find an original equipment unit.  They have not changed too much for the engine (289 and 302 front sump pans are the same) but the C4 changed to a pan-fill configuration in the 70's or 80's.

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version