Forum > Mustang Discussions

car covers

<< < (3/8) > >>

66GTKFB:
A friend is shipping a car to Arizona today and the best advice is to put mud flaps on the tow car, cause that's where most of the rocks come from. The second suggestion was a bra, third was to put several layers of shrink wrap over the winshield.
Jim

Soaring:

--- Quote from: 66GTKFB on January 12, 2009, 07:29:28 PM ---A friend is shipping a car to Arizona today and the best advice is to put mud flaps on the tow car, cause that's where most of the rocks come from. The second suggestion was a bra, third was to put several layers of shrink wrap over the winshield.
Jim

--- End quote ---
Not sure how shrink wrap would go over a windshield, but some cardboard and duct tape may do the trick for protecting the windshield.  Hey, I am a redneck, and use duct tape on almost everything that I can't  buy.  ;D

avidbowhunter:

--- Quote from: Soaring on January 12, 2009, 07:25:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: avidbowhunter on January 12, 2009, 06:01:06 PM ---Thanks for the reply. I checked my vin on car fax and the only recall was for a pass. side airbag. Would the tranny recall show up on car fax if ford sent out a re-call? Sure  ;D for warranty but age is past 3 years! I'll check the car out and if it it shifts hard going into 3rd, the warranty question will come out!

--- End quote ---
OK, getter dun.....
Yeah  buddy......
--- End quote ---

avidbowhunter:

--- Quote from: Soaring on January 12, 2009, 07:59:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: 66GTKFB on January 12, 2009, 07:29:28 PM ---A friend is shipping a car to Arizona today and the best advice is to put mud flaps on the tow car, cause that's where most of the rocks come from. The second suggestion was a bra, third was to put several layers of shrink wrap over the winshield.
Jim
I have mud flaps on my truck. I was thinking the same way about them protecting the towed vehicle.
Not sure how shrink wrap would go over a windshield, but some cardboard and duct tape may do the trick for protecting the windshield.  Hey, I am a redneck, and use duct tape on almost everything that I can't  buy.  ;D

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

66GTKFB:
To shrinkwrap the windshield - open doors; wrap windshield thru doors several times; close doors.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version