Forum > Mustang Discussions

car covers

<< < (2/8) > >>

Soaring:
Take a battery operated drill and some rope with you.  Jury rig it after you leave the U-Haul place.  That's a 3650 5 speed tranny in that vert.  If you go from 2nd to 3rd gear real fast, as in racing it, you will hit a wall.  In other words, it won't go into 3rd gear.  Ford spent over 1,000 dollars putting in beefed up syncronizers  a Steeda Tri-X shifter, and a beefed up clutch plate to solve the problem with my 03 Mach1.  Hopefully, Ford fixed that problem before 05, but maybe not.  If you find that to be the case with yours, and it is still under warranty, raise holy hell with them until they fix it.  That's what I had to do.  I just kept going up the chain of command until I got a regional supervisor to OK the repair. 

avidbowhunter:
Hey, thanks for the note about the tranny! I sure hope they fixed that!!!! I'm also the same guy who sent you notes about a deluxe or premium. Let's bury the hatchet!! We have things in common to write about and it's not worth arguing! Here's an olive branch out to ya! By the way, i'm trailering the car home on Friday. I like the idea of doing the plywood trick away from the u-haul dealer!!!

Soaring:
Olive branch accepted.  Do some digging, and see if Ford has that tranny on its' recall record.  The warranty on mine was 36 months, or 36,000 miles.  I haven't reached 36,000 miles yet, but 36 months was a few years back.  I keep getting these extended warranty offers, but I haven't taken any of them.  If you hit a wall going from 2nd to 3rd, you may want to take out an extended warranty, then get it fixed if there has been no recall from Ford; or raise holy hell like I did.  The mechanic at my Ford house verified my problem, so that will be a must if you go that route. 

avidbowhunter:
Thanks for the reply. I checked my vin on car fax and the only recall was for a pass. side airbag. Would the tranny recall show up on car fax if ford sent out a re-call? Sure seems so. I was thinking about getting an extended warranty too. Mine is an 05 with 15632 miles. Mileage is ok for warranty but age is past 3 years! I'll check the car out and if it it shifts hard going into 3rd, the warranty question will come out!

Soaring:

--- Quote from: avidbowhunter on January 12, 2009, 06:01:06 PM ---Thanks for the reply. I checked my vin on car fax and the only recall was for a pass. side airbag. Would the tranny recall show up on car fax if ford sent out a re-call? Sure seems so. I was thinking about getting an extended warranty too. Mine is an 05 with 15632 miles. Mileage is ok for warranty but age is past 3 years! I'll check the car out and if it it shifts hard going into 3rd, the warranty question will come out!

--- End quote ---
OK, getter dun.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version