Author Topic: Attention 1994 to 1998 Mustang Owners Possible defect in 4 Way Flasher Switch  (Read 5323 times)

raroboy

Attention 1994 to 1998 Mustang Owners
Possible defect in 4 Way Flasher Switch

I noticed that my brake lights were not working but the hi mount (in trunk lid) was working. I put on my 4 way flashers and the front lights were flashing but not the rear ones. Although the green arrows were flashing on the dash. I wiggled the 4 way flasher and the lights started working properly. A few days later the brake lights were not working again so I wiggled the 4 way switch and they started working again I was driving down the street one day and noticed a 1994-98 Mustang stopping ahead of me. Only his hi mount light came on and not his tail lights. The same that happend to me. What are the odds. I would ask all Mustang owners check there brake lights and then operate the 4 way flasher to see if something strange happens. Such as intermittant opperation, only one green arrow coming on for a second. One turn signal flashing fast, or delay in flashers working . If anyone experience these problems please let me know. This could be a situation were a safety recall is needed.

christopher2250

• Mustang: 1998 gt convert
i just got a 98 gt
and having same problem. front flashers  work  back dont.
just saw your post. did you replace  the flasher?
please  email if possible
tks
christopher2250@hotmail.com

stang98

that was posted in 07. im not sure anyone is going to reply  ::)

I will ask a I.D (independent dealer) i know about the problem and get back to you with what he says.

christopher2250

• Mustang: 1998 gt convert
tks

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links