Author Topic: alternator wiring  (Read 6498 times)

grant

• Mustang: 1984 5.0 hatchback
alternator wiring
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:31:07 PM »
i have a 3 wire setup for my alternator i got the black and orange wire and the orange and blue field wire but the white and black stator wire i dont have and dont know if it turned to a different colored wire? on my voltage regulator the stator wire is green and red but it doesnt come out anywhere should i splice it?(i found out that my car was at one time fuel injected but when i got it now has demon carb and the wires for alternator were not hooked up and a mess

grant

• Mustang: 1984 5.0 hatchback
Re: alternator wiring
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »
my 84 5.0.i have a 3 wire setup for my alternator i got the black and orange wire and the orange and blue field wire but the white and black stator wire that i see on wiring diagrams i dont have and dont know if it turned to a different colored wire further back on the original harness cause i didnt have a harness when i got the car? on my voltage regulator the stator wire is green and red but it doesnt come out anywhere should i splice it?(i found out that my car was at one time fuel injected but when i got it now has demon carb and the wires for alternator were not hooked up and a mess

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version