Forum > Mustang Discussions

65 spinners for OE wheel covers

<< < (2/4) > >>

Joe AZ 2 PA:

--- Quote from: 65springtime on January 27, 2011, 10:41:42 AM ---Yes, I will do that. By the way. The blue bulbs look great. I also replaced the blue lenses that the LED bulbs shine through. If you do not use clear or light colored bulbs you have to remove these.

--- End quote ---

That's great. I'll have to make a decision soon about my lights. I know the original's leave a lot to be desired for night driving at my age. . . .  8)

65springtime:
Just make sure you mark all the wires befor you take them out and draw a picture of the back of the gage showing where the bulbs go and the number of the bulb as you put on the wires. It is a bugger getting the speedo cable unhooked but you have to come up from the driver side of the steering wheel and have the gage tilted forward. It would be much easier if the steering wheel was off and the front seat was out. It is also hard putting the new bulbs into the back of the gages. Kinda tricky. The steering wheel is really in the way to make it easy. But what fun is it if it is easy....  ::)

65springtime:

--- Quote from: Joe AZ 2 PA on January 27, 2011, 08:22:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: 65springtime on January 27, 2011, 10:41:42 AM ---Yes, I will do that. By the way. The blue bulbs look great. I also replaced the blue lenses that the LED bulbs shine through. If you do not use clear or light colored bulbs you have to remove these.

--- End quote ---

That's great. I'll have to make a decision soon about my lights. I know the original's leave a lot to be desired for night driving at my age. . . .  8)

--- End quote ---

What I meant to say there was - If you use clear or light colored Led's you will have to take out the blue plastic in front of where the new bulbs go. I put new ones in because a couple of the ones were discolored from the heat of the standard bulbs but will not or should not be bothered with the LED's. John

Joe AZ 2 PA:
Thanks John. Glad you like the outcome. I was also leaning towards the blue. . . . .  8)

65springtime:
I found this on another fourm. http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/436227-can-spinners-added-standard-65-hubcaps.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version