Forum > Mustang Discussions

351C small block or big block

(1/2) > >>

MarksMustang:
I am confused as to whether the 351C is a small block or a big block. I have a 69 Mach One clone that has a 351C. It needs all the power steering stuff, and I think there is a difference between those components for the big block cars..??? Thanks for any help with this!

TheJ:
Simply stated it's neither. Here is some dimensions on a 351C among other motors.

http://home.comcast.net/~jelerath/mustang/engine/engine-fr.html#Weight%20and%20Width

hope this helps

jethat:
Ford never used big block/small block terminology thats a chevy thing really. The 351c has the same bell pattern as the 351w so that would make it the same. The heads also will fit on a Windsor block with a special intake so that means it has more in common with the Windsors than any other Ford engine.

428CJ70:
Without heads and intake, the 351C is not much different in size than the 351W.  But the heads on the 351C makes it look like a smaller "big block" or maybe a fat small block.  I carried a 351C bare block (with mains) to my neighbors house 2 houses away when I was 16 so the block is not all that heavy.

Joe AZ 2 PA:
U-da-man. . . .  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version