Forum > Mustang Discussions

2011 5.0

<< < (2/3) > >>

Blown2v:
Yeah we got quite a few over at the ford dealership by where I work. We got a couple of the California Specials too. The only thing that sucks about the 5.0's are that they cost about 38k.

Areese3990:
they are soo nice my buddy just got one for graduating high school. yes i know high school but when your grandfather owns the largest privately owned blueberry farm in the world 40k isn't to much to spare for a gift. as for the ride it is really nice and it has a pretty strong power band. It pulls through the gears real nice and it feels pretty tamed (with the trac. control on) my buddy was scared to take it off and open it up but it is new and he has only been driving manuel for about a month
By the way blown 2v do you happen to have aftermarket heads on your car?? if so in the * your mustang section i have a thread called i'm back could you let me know there

Soaring:

--- Quote from: Blown2v on June 25, 2010, 10:51:08 AM ---Yeah we got quite a few over at the ford dealership by where I work. We got a couple of the California Specials too. The only thing that sucks about the 5.0's are that they cost about 38k.

--- End quote ---
Now we are starting to get out of the price range of why the Mustang was invented in the first place. It was invented as a cheap American sports car, and it sold like hotcakes back in the 60's.  I paid 30K for my Mach 1, and I really had to stretch my budget to get it back in '03.  People today just want more luxuries than they really need.  And, when you start adding all the bells and whistles, you pay for them.  I wish Ford would build a basic V8 with airconditioning Mustang, and that would reduce the price considerably. 

Areese3990:
ford does make a "V8"  for relatively cheap this year the new V6 is 3.7L 24v and it has V8 power with 305 hp and 280 ft.-lb. with this engine option you are in the whole about 26k which i think is more than reasonable when you are getting 30hmpg and 19 cmpg  i believe the  03 mach 1 came off the line with 310hp
also things just arent as  cheap as they used to be

Soaring:
I understand, but a V6 won't sell as well as a V8.  The general public just doesn't understand.   Even spending 26,000 for a V6 doesn't make sense for a Mustang.  A kid or or a girl can buy a much cheaper new car for a lot less than that with the same acessories,    Again, Mustang is pricing itself out of the sports car market. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version