Author Topic: 1973 Mach  (Read 24160 times)

Soaring

• Global Moderator
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
Re: 1973 Mach
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 10:06:38 PM »
You got a hellava' lot of work done in 10 days.  Now that the cancer has been stopped you can relax a bit and go back to your job knowing your Mustang is safe from further deterioration. 

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
  • I am part of the 2 percenters in America
    • http://www.geocities.com/mustangmafia_ky2/
  • Mustang: 1973 FORD MACH ONE
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 08:43:06 PM »
I called npd where I bought my seat and they sent me the floor pan, rear quarter trim and rear view mirror and back window seal for the seat. I think they went above and beyond the call of service to get this transaction complete. Wait for more photos to come, she is going together. WHAT COLOR SHOULD I GO WITH??????????????????????????????????????

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 10:10:32 PM »
Classics deserve the bright colors.  Reds, yellows, Greens,etc.   

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2009, 02:39:21 PM »
I have to agree with you on that brother, just not sure which way to go. the gun metal gray is a awesome color but white with a black hood would look just as good.

UPDATE FOLLOWS::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I got back with Mark from NPD with my seat, which I still have to get, but he sent me a rear view mirror, floorpan to cover that ugly rust under her, and a rear window seal and rear quarter trim panels. Most of that was covered by the price but he wanted to help me out so I have to take all bad things I said about them back and give them props. He could have told me to piss off since I had that seat for three years but instead he help me out so way to go NPD.

I am going to be going on leave after this cycle of privates leave in AUG, so stay tuned for is going to happen. I am not going to spoil it for you guys but you will like. I am still caught on what to d and where to get some parts for my engine and what to do with it. I will get a alum. intake and headers, even though headers for that car is harder to get than a congressman who cares,lol.........!!!!!! I am thinking about a good cam and maybe rolling it but nothing that is to hairy. THE FMX is still under investigation on weither it should stay or go. Haven't heard anyone say anything good about them yet but who knows.

The car has come a long way and just the other day I had a great offer on it and the first time in my life I didn't even think twice on it so much like women after awhile it grows on you. I am trying to get some things going that might help this car come out faster with no loss in the quailty department.

As far as my Military life the oldest private I have this cycle is 18 and I just want to throw this out there, I think parents should be able to beat there kids when they are little that way when they join the Military they dont cry when you put them under stress or hold them accountable for there actions.

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2009, 06:34:07 PM »
I hear ya' on the punishment thing when the kids are young.  I taught High School kids for 36 years, and every year it got worse with the spoiled kids.  Our young kids who can vote  voted for Obama didn't they?  That is how left winged our younger generation thinks.  They haven't had to suffer like we did. 
As far as your Mach is concerned, I am pleased you decided to keep it and make it into the Mustang you want it to be.  It will never lose value Sergeant, so you have made the correct decision. 

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
well I hope to get this thing where it needs to be time soon.

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2009, 04:41:12 PM »
Alright, I had my ten days of leave and down to the last day of building. I will get pics up and info to follow. This was the most costly trip to Kansas ever in my life, but well worth it, I will let you be the judge.................................................................

brent

• Mustang: 1984
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2010, 12:39:32 PM »
 I am in need of some good parts for my 351C 2V and someone to hook a brother up with some power steering knowledge, I know there are here I just have to find them. I will be on here as much as possible and hope to here some things good or bad about my car. I don't want anyone to thin they cannot tell me the flat out true about my car, I will still sleep at night and I won't cry ( atleast in front of you).

Russ

• The one to watch for
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2010, 01:28:09 PM »
Well brother first and foremost congrats on the 73. I am in the U.S. Army and just got back from having fun with mine, and in fact I did change out the old manual gear box for my power gear box. First it wasnít fun, but I already had my motor out which made it a whole lot easier. I also had to get a new cupler (the piece that fits right above the gear arm to the steering arm) after that it was a quick slip and off to the races. I found both power steering pump (complete) and power gear box on ebay, now I didnít get a chance to get the power steering box mounted due to time restraints, however, I did find that I forgot about that long bolt I would need to attach it to my head. Do you have A/C on yours? If not that will probably be better, I had to jump through my @$% to get it bolted back up then try to place the pump up there.  Let me know if this helps and you will find that Thierry (Owner of site) and Soaring (Master Moderator) have a vast amount of knowledge, just waiting to be tapped. STANG OUT

tysonattrell

• Mustang: 1978 Ford F150
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »
very cool car

mustang24

• Mustang: 2007
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »
Okay, so after I ripped the trailer hitch off and those very hot , not to mention rare mud flaps,lol. I had to come to a fork in the road I had alot to do and not much time. I knew that paint had to come off and rust had to leave so I began with the countless hours of sanding. I didn't think I would have got as much as I did in the time I had but I guess when you get in the zone you can do some real good work. I know you are asking yourself where did the top go but I just cannot bring myself to put it back on.

Man what a car. I love it.
Good luck getting it back together. That thing is too beautiful to let it rott.

John

Soaring

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
I had mud flaps, a trailer hitch and a luggage rack on my 65 when I first bought it.  Those were the first things to be ripped off.  Good luck with finishing you Stang Russ.  I know your wife bought it in good faith, but you have had to do a lot of work on it.  Too bad you can't have it on the base where you work, so you can take it into the hobby shop and work on it on after duty hours and days off. 

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version