Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

what carb should i put on my 351c 4v

(1/5) > >>

bfsniff:
i just bought a 351c 4v engine complete rebuild :), i have a 650cfm carb, but i was wondering if i should put a Holley 750-cfm carburetor, what would the difference be?   ???what do you think i should do?  ???

Brock

1972 silver mustang fastback mach1

Soaring:
The size (CFM) of the carburetor depends on the mods the engine has.  If it is a stock engine, then the Motorcraft 480 cfm carb is the right way to go for efficient engine performance. Tell us what mods you have. 

bfsniff:

PROF, RBLT. BLOCK- .030, NEW PISTONS, PLASMA MOLLY RINGS,FEL-PRO GASKETS, MELLING OIL PUMP, REGROUND .010-.010 CRANK, RODS ARE RECONDITIONED AND SHOTPEENED, BALANCED, CLEVITE 77 BEARINGS, FOUR BARRELL HEADS HAVE 3 ANGLE VALVE JOB, RESURFACED, NEW GUIDES, NEW HARD SEATS, NEW VALVES. RV CAM AND LIFTERS. CLOYS DOUBLE CHAIN AND GEAR SET

Soaring:
Yeah, that engine is still pretty close to stock.  I would certainly not go over a 650 CFM carburetor.  That 750 is going to be way too much for that engine.  If it was mine, I would put the Motorcraft 4100 on it for peak performance. 

bfsniff:
how much horsepower do you think it will make? i bought hooker headers for it to.  the guy said 300-350.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version