Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

Questions on 351C Performance

<< < (2/4) > >>

Reggie:
Trying to save a picture again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

racedraper:
nice love those wheels ,what size are they? but you need to loose the cobra emblem, just dont look right

mustanger:
Hi,i got a 72 mach i and had the same problem with carb i put on a new holley for around 275.00 with a electric choke and i haven't had a problem sense.My car was suppose to be a 2v also.

Reggie:
Advancing the timing from 6B to 16B helped a lot, but I think a new carb will improve the performance a great deal.  I've used to have a Holley carb on a big block Chevy when I was a kid (30 years ago).  Edelbrock was not making carbs back then, but they seem to be well regarded.  I've also heard of a Demon carb, but know little about these carbs.

Reggie:
I took the Motorcraft carb off and took the top off.  The top gasket was seeping and the body is pitted and has a couple of heavy scratches/dents on the gasket surface that are leaking.  Looks like the bowl was overfull.  I started the car before taking the carb off and the manifold was wet.  That might not be a bad thing, but I know the carb body is not a good sign.  I don't think I'm going to put any time in this carb.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version