Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

original or not!

<< < (2/2)

Soaring:

--- Quote from: jethat on February 04, 2009, 06:38:36 PM ---No one will know unless they really look hard thet the engine is not original. If you got a 69 block it would be impossible really. Thats the only real give away. Things happen parts get replaced as long as oridginal intent is kept I dont think it that big a factor. You pull it and replace it with an un correct engine and that will lower the cars value. 69's are a really collectible year so I would keep that in mind for sure.

--- End quote ---
The 69's are really hard to find parts for too.  Try finding parts for a 69, and you will see what I mean.  As far as the engine is concerned, anybody who knows anything about Mustangs of that era know that the VIN will be stamped on the engine and transmission.  But, one may get lucky and find a dumbass who just likes the body and if it runs at all, they will buy it just because it is a 69 Vintage Mustang.  But, you are not going to get the big bucks. 

jethat:
The value will be less affected if the engine is correct althogh not oridginal is my point. It would affect the value negativly more is the owner were to replace it with a 351. Much more.

Soaring:

--- Quote from: jethat on February 04, 2009, 08:12:47 PM ---The value will be less affected if the engine is correct althogh not oridginal is my point. It would affect the value negativly more is the owner were to replace it with a 351. Much more.

--- End quote ---
I totally agree.  If the 351 wasn't the original engine, and a 390 was, then the value would be less in my estimation because the VIN would indicate a 390 was the original engine.  We are on the same poage. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version