Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

Opinion on wheels and caps for a classic

<< < (2/3) > >>

FASTBACK65GT:
"Yeah, nice car - is that a 6 cyl. in there?"   >:(
That's what you'll hear with the stock hubcaps.  Rally wheels if not the mag.500's.  Looks too "plain jane" with stock hubcaps.
Just my thoughts.

Jeff73Mach1:
I think the original wheels and caps look "right" on your car.  There is something to be said for the simple look that those wheels give your car.

Soaring:

--- Quote from: FASTBACK65GT on November 23, 2009, 11:23:41 AM ---"Yeah, nice car - is that a 6 cyl. in there?"   >:(
That's what you'll hear with the stock hubcaps.  Rally wheels if not the mag.500's.  Looks too "plain jane" with stock hubcaps.
Just my thoughts.

--- End quote ---
Remember, this is a 1965.  The Mag 500's and styled steel wheels were not offered in 1965 plain Jane Mustangs.  It's a 289, not a 6 banger. 

Soaring:

--- Quote from: Jeff73Mach1 on November 23, 2009, 12:19:42 PM ---I think the original wheels and caps look "right" on your car.  There is something to be said for the simple look that those wheels give your car.

--- End quote ---
That was my thought too Jeff.  Whenever I go to shows, I put these on it for the simple reason of "originality."  Yeah, I have an export brace and a Monte Carlo bar and dual master cylinder, but those are  not seen from the outside.  Since I drive her almost daily, safety and handling issues take precedence over looks.

FASTBACK65GT:

--- Quote from: Soaring on November 23, 2009, 05:47:39 PM ---Remember, this is a 1965.  The Mag 500's and styled steel wheels were not offered in 1965 plain Jane Mustangs.  It's a 289, not a 6 banger.

--- End quote ---
I know all that.  You asked for opinions (see subject title).  It looks "plain Jane" with stock hubcaps and could have a 6-banger in there with that "look".   All I'm saying is IN MY OPINION, the car needs something to give it a look that might say its not a plain Jane car - Like rally wheels, which I originally suggested...that FORD, yes indeed, offered in 1965 on Mustangs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version