Author Topic: Heater blower motor  (Read 19843 times)

Joe AZ 2 PA

Re: Heater blower motor
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 07:47:03 PM »
I hear you. I too am not using the Mustang as a daily driver and in no hurry to getting it done but also look forward to the day it is in the same shape as it was (or close to it) coming off the assembly line. As I said "or close to it". But will take time and also as I have the money.

95% of us including myself will never have enough money to do that. Once you start buying replacement parts your sucked in and everytime you work on the car you'll find something else to replace. . . . Enough time is a different story. . . .  8)

65springtime

• Mustang: 1965 Coupe
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 10:01:14 PM »
I am retired so enought time is not a problem with me. Just the money.

Joe AZ 2 PA

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 07:41:31 PM »
My boss, the owner of the company I work for asked what my retirement plans are. He and I go back to the early 60's when we served our Tool & Die making apprenticeships together. I told him when I hit 70 in about 2 and 1/2 years I'm cutting down to 40 hours a week and no Saturdays. He shook his head mumbled something and walked away smiling. I love doing what I'm doing and as long as I have time to cruise in the summertime and work on car projects I'm happy and so is my wife. . . . PS: I would like to have a garage as big as yours. . . .  8)

65springtime

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 11:34:35 PM »
My wife and I are enjoying retirement too much and have no desire to go back to work. We keep busy with our grandchildren and trips to California to see our daughter there and her family. We just enjoy doing what we want. But glad you are doing what you like.

Jeff1967

• Photo contest winner
  • Mustang: 1967 convertible
  • Daily driver: 2011 Chev Silverado Dura Max 4X4
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
Last year I stripped the interior out and redid the entire inside tub of the car. Got the power top working then took the window regulators out and re-greased the tracks cleaned painted all parts and back together. All windows now roll up and down smooth as silk.  Now almost ready for body and paint work, staying with the original white and thinking about adding blue stripes to the car as well. It's been fun working on the old girl, a great release when you have had " one of those days"....

Our plans once completed is to take a trip down the Oregon and California coastline, maybe summer after if all goes well.

Jeff

65springtime

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »
Our plans once completed is to take a trip down the Oregon and California coastline, maybe summer after if all goes well.

Jeff

Are you talking about taking the trip in the Mustang? Hope it works out for you. Man, nothing like driving down the coastlline with the top down on a beautiful summer day. Good luck.

Jeff1967

• Photo contest winner
  • Mustang: 1967 convertible
  • Daily driver: 2011 Chev Silverado Dura Max 4X4
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 11:40:06 PM »
Yep, a trip in the 67'

Jeff

Joe AZ 2 PA

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »

Jeff

Are you talking about taking the trip in the Mustang? Hope it works out for you. Man, nothing like driving down the coastlline with the top down on a beautiful summer day. Good luck.

You guys have found out the key that so many others are still looking for. . .  8)

66GTKFB

• Photo contest winner
  • Mustang: 1965 GTFB, 1966 GTFB K, 1966 Hardtop
  • Daily driver: 1969 VW Baja
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
One of my favorite drives is North on Cal 1 from Monterey thru Watsonville, Santa Cruz, Half Moon Bay to Pacifica, about 70 miles. Lunch can be had at Soquel, Santa Cruz, Davenport and Half Moon Bay. Beaches are too many to list. South from Monterey on Cal 1, beaches, towns, gas stations and resturants are not numerous, but the scenery is fantastic. Did I mention the Sierras, or the Mojave desert?
Jim

65springtime

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 05:25:18 PM »
Wow, sounds great. Just hope your arm does not get too tired from waving back at folks giving you the thums up.  ;)

66GTKFB

• Photo contest winner
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 05:49:11 PM »
I organized a "run" that went North on Cal 35 on the crest of the Santa Cruz Mountains up to the intersection of Cal 1 where we turned South to have lunch at Half Moon Bay at the 30 Restaurant. (That's about a half mile from the "Mavericks" surf competition.) Our table was about 20 feet from the tarmac where the Piper Cubs, Cessnas and other small planes parked for a lunch break. We walked out and gave the planes a once over, the pilots and passengers went out to the parking lot to check out the Mustangs. After lunch, we went to Princeton By The Sea where we bought fresh caught salmon, rock fish and tuna off the boats. Naturally we headed South later to Santa Cruz for dessert. Life is good.
To keep the thread intact, you need working car heaters in California in Summer by the ocean (heh heh heh)
Jim

Joe AZ 2 PA

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 06:09:07 PM »
Sounds like you guys have some great cruising route's out your way. When we lived in AZ Southern Calif. was always a nice trip but not in the non-AC fastback. Always liked the Big Sur area. In AZ we could go in any direction and find lot's of nooks and crannies to explore. . . . . Back East we have great trips but they are limited to about 8 months on a good year. . . . .  8)

65springtime

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 04:00:28 PM »

To keep the thread intact, you need working car heaters in California in Summer by the ocean (heh heh heh)
Jim

Yel, rub it in. But see what happens when California becomes part of the ocean. That is what I keep telling my Daughter when she "rubs it in". I tease her by saying the ocean will keep riseing from all the ice melting and California will be under water. (heh heh heh)   :D
John

66GTKFB

• Photo contest winner
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »
If you remember back many years ago, the Atomic Energy Commission set off many underground nuclear explosions in Nevada (the real reason for Area 51). The fear was that California would break off from the North American Continent and slide into the Pacific Ocean. The truth is slightly different, the rest of the country will slide into the Atlantic.
Jim

65springtime

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2011, 11:39:16 PM »
I just do not care for your version. Might have to move to California.  :(

NO IT NOT SO ALL

• Mustang: 1964.5
  • Daily driver: no
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2014, 02:01:23 PM »
They already did that a long time ago. What year is it now?. I forget. They named it PANTERA?.

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version