Author Topic: Flexplate & transmission questions  (Read 5101 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Mustang: 1966
  • Location: Atlanta, GA
Flexplate & transmission questions
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:38:31 AM »
I have a 66 Mustang with an I6 that I'm going to do the V8 swap. I had a guy rebuild me a 302 that I believe is a 1978 block with the 28oz Harmonic balancer. It does not have a flexplate on the back and he also threw in a used v8 model C4 transmission.

The model number for the block is D8OE 6015 E3A and the balancer number is D62E-6316-A2A. The model number on the Transmission is DAOP 7006 AA. I couldn't find any information on the transmission, so I don't know what year model or anything about it. He also left the torque converter in it.

What I need to know is what flexplate should I use and will this transmission work with the engine as is, or do I need to buy a new bellhousing/torque converter.  Also, will the flexplate/bellhousing on my I6 C4 work with the new V8?

Thanks in advance



  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4279
  • Gender: Male
  • 1965 Mustang coupe 289, '03 Mach1, 03 Lariat
  • Mustang: 1965 coupe 289, and 2003 Mach1
  • Daily driver: '03 Ford F-150 Lariat
  • Location: Wimberley, Texas
Re: Flexplate & transmission questions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
You also need the 28 oz flexplate with that early model 302 and the early model V8 C4.  The 50 oz. guys came later in the early 80's. 



Other languages
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring

Dallas Mustang

LO-FI Version
Mustang classifieds
Muscle car classifieds
Classic Mustang FAQ

Mustangs for sale

Top Posters

Posts: 4279
Posts: 1379
Posts: 845
Posts: 681
Posts: 471

Used Cars for sale - Ford Mustang classifieds - Forum Camaro FR

Powered by EzPortal