Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

Changing Manifold

<< < (3/9) > >>

Jeff1967:
Keep at it and when you are able to romp on it let me know, it's my next upgrade!

JJ

65vertstang:
Well I checked the thermostat and it was installed correctly I then tested it and it seems to operate good so I don't know why the coolant is blowing out of the radiator when I romp on it. I was wondering if it could be an air bubble in the system maybe. It was getting hot and when I removed the upper radiator hose to check the thermostat no coolant came out. Also when I removed the thermostat housing there was coolant present but not enough to pour out when the housing was removed. Also there seems to be alot of metal in the top of the radiator both magnetic and not.

Jeff1967:
When I got my 67' one of my first projects was a radiator check/flush and and repair, could be a clogged system. You might have your cooling system checked out first along with a new thermostat installed. Then if that does not solve your problem;

When the car is cold take the  radiator cap off and start the car. With the engine running if you notice bubbles coming up inside of the radiator you will need to have those gasses checked, If they are combustion gasses could be a weak or blown head gasket.

65vertstang:
Well I am glad to report that the new carb and manifold are working very well. It seems to have quite a bit more power all the way from the bottom end on up judging by the seat of the pants test, witch is the only one I have. I am still having a slight problem with coolant coming out of the overfolw but only under full throttle, not sure whats going on there but i hope to figure that out. Here is a before and after of the engine.

Jeff1967:
Very cool, A job well done. When transferring the vacuum hoses, brackets and other components over from old to new was the new designed to make the transfer easy, or did you have to modify much to make the changes?

JJ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version