Author Topic: c4 transmission information  (Read 2119 times)

rwood1295

c4 transmission information
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »

HELP My son thought it would be a good idea to drop a 5.o into a 94 chev s10. and that's all he did . He has left it up to me to finish it . the transmission is a c4 from an ltd not sure what year. the question i have is there is no dipstick and there is a threaded whole on the pan that looks like something should thread into it. the picture is from someone else's post on here and I would like to apologize for using it without permission but i've search for days to find a pic of this on here to explain my situation... if someone can enlighten me as to what its for..

Topless_Horse

• Mustang: 66 convertible
  • Daily driver: Ram 2500 Cummins
Re: c4 transmission information
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
The later C4's used a dipstick tube that screwed into the pan (they're called "pan fill" as opposed to the earlier "case fill" dipstick tubes).  They're a bit hard to find but I bought one long ago at Jeff's Bronco.  It looks like he still stocks them.  See

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-11103-c-4-dipstick-tube-assembly-pan-fill.html

It's possible you could get lucky and find one in good shape at a salvage yard too.

rwood1295

Re: c4 transmission information
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »
I thought it might be that .... there are also holes where i think the tranny cooler lines go into. its just a matter of finding the lines at the wreckers i guess... the local wreckers here dont have the tranny dipsticks ill check out the link you sent.. thanks again.

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version