Author Topic: c4 transmission information  (Read 2751 times)

c4 transmission information
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »

HELP My son thought it would be a good idea to drop a 5.o into a 94 chev s10. and that's all he did . He has left it up to me to finish it . the transmission is a c4 from an ltd not sure what year. the question i have is there is no dipstick and there is a threaded whole on the pan that looks like something should thread into it. the picture is from someone else's post on here and I would like to apologize for using it without permission but i've search for days to find a pic of this on here to explain my situation... if someone can enlighten me as to what its for..

• Mustang: 66 convertible
  • Daily driver: Ram 2500 Cummins
Re: c4 transmission information
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
The later C4's used a dipstick tube that screwed into the pan (they're called "pan fill" as opposed to the earlier "case fill" dipstick tubes).  They're a bit hard to find but I bought one long ago at Jeff's Bronco.  It looks like he still stocks them.  See

It's possible you could get lucky and find one in good shape at a salvage yard too.

Re: c4 transmission information
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »
I thought it might be that .... there are also holes where i think the tranny cooler lines go into. its just a matter of finding the lines at the wreckers i guess... the local wreckers here dont have the tranny dipsticks ill check out the link you sent.. thanks again.

Other languages
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring

Dallas Mustang

LO-FI Version
Mustang classifieds
Muscle car classifieds
Classic Mustang FAQ

Mustangs for sale

Top Posters

Used Cars for sale - Ford Mustang classifieds - Forum Camaro FR