Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum


(1/3) > >>

Jerry Baker:
I have a question on the 1969 mustang and its motor.

did they all come out with Winsdors or did they have clevelands as well ?  

How do you find out the motor you have ?

I know the M code is a 351 4v but can it be either or is it a winsdor

Please help

the easiest way is look at the valve covers. windsors are flat on top were as clevlands are not. is itr 2 barrels? I have a cleveland 2v i will post pic of the valve cover to so what it should look like. also the intake is wide.

I am not sure but I think the Cleveland was first produced in 1970 but here is an easy way to see the difference:

 Windsor 351 V8 Engine
- Valve cover is held in place by 6 bolts.
- Radiator hose connects to water neck on the front of the intake manifold.

Cleveland 351 V8 engine
- Valve cover is held in place by 8 bolts..
- Radiator hose is a 90 degree hose that connects directly to the top front of the engine block.

If you have a picture Racedraper, it might be very usefull.

here is my 351 cleveland. look at the valve covers and water jacket like Thierry said...

some more pics


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version