Author Topic: 351 boss???????  (Read 6889 times)

greenketch

351 boss???????
« on: January 27, 2007, 02:40:20 PM »
hey guys I just joined today and also got my first mach 1 today  wooo freakin hooo .the front end needs some work (frame rails are rusted) fenders are dented  no engine but hey I have time. anyway my question is this theguys friend i bought the car from ended up with the engine I'm trying to talk him into selling it to me. I went to look at it and apparently the old owner used it for racing (so he says) they had the engine painted up and looking good and it had boss 351 valve covers on it I imagine those could be bought and bolted on  my ? is does the boss motor have any external tell tale signs that it is in fact a boss motor and if it is whats a good price to pay to get it back.

1971 mach 1 351 ram air is what the car is

racedraper

Re: 351 boss???????
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:27:16 PM »
welcome to the site. You need to run the VIN#'s on it. are the numbers matching.  you do know if its a true boss you need to do a pro restoration on it. you might have a diamond in the rough

Jerry Baker

• http://www.geocities.com/themustangmafia/
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:58:19 PM »
ok on your car if its a boss car the vin will have a R code which will or should be the 5th spot in the vin.  If its a ram air it will have a Q

Now I dont know if you were able to look in the motor but All BOSS motors will have mechanical Lifters in them.

Im looking at a book I have but it don't tell me much on the motor it does say that in 71 the 351 Boss only came out in the sportsroof package with 4 tranny and Competition Suspension

Thierry

• Administrator
    • Used cars
  • Mustang: Had a 69 Mustang coupe
  • Daily driver: Sunfire
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 08:26:01 PM »
We want to see some photos. Mustang project photos are as interesting as show cars, Especially if it's a 351 Boss :)

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version