Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

347 stroker?

(1/2) > >>

70MustangCoupe:
so I'm thinking about stroking my 289 and was wondering if anyone has run into problems or basically just looking for thinks to watch for
No I havent't because I like to keep my 43 year old engine original, but you can contact these guys to find out how to stroke that perfectly good 289 as it is. 
http://www.fordstrokers.com/index.php

66GTKFB:
Just for reference - your 289 is is what car?
Jim

70MustangCoupe:
it's in my 70 coupe. Obv not original but its what came with it. I asked around and a few machine shops told me I shouldn't have to worry about clearance as far as rod clearance and such, just wanted some opinions

Soaring:

--- Quote from: 70MustangCoupe on February 26, 2009, 08:10:28 PM ---it's in my 70 coupe. Obv not original but its what came with it. I asked around and a few machine shops told me I shouldn't have to worry about clearance as far as rod clearance and such, just wanted some opinions

--- End quote ---
Yeah, basically the difference between the original 289 and a stroker is the length of the rods.  It will give you more torque.  But, if it was me, I would get a 302 and stroke it instead of the 289 for the historic value of the 289.  Store the 289 and stroke the 302. 

rmodel65:
the guy who runs fordstrokers has a good reputation, you will have to clearance your cylinder walls to clear the rod bolts. some 331 strokers you can get away with not doing it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version