Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

302 intake manifold

(1/2) > >>

67 Resto:
My 67' coupe used to be a 6cyl. And was converted to a 302. I'm wanting to get a new intake manifold to match my Edelbrock carb. I was told that in order to get a new intake I would need to get the number off the engine block. And decode it in order to get one that works. My car is stored 30 minutes away and I don't want to travel and take off a starter just to have to come back and order something.
So I'm wondering if there's a way I can find out what will work without getting the engine block number? 

I would also like some input on what intake I should match to my carb. Which is an Edelbrock Performance series. I'm naturally leaning towards the Edelbrock Performer intake.


Yeah, I would stick with the Edelbrock that will match your carb.  Do some research.  Maybe start here.

Edelbrock performer RPM would be the best.


--- Quote from: Tim175 on January 25, 2010, 08:47:22 PM ---Edelbrock performer RPM would be the best.

--- End quote ---

I concur. I have put them on a few 302's and 289's without a hitch. Usually takes me about an hour to 2 hours to completely do the swap.


Until a rusty bolt breaks off at the head.   ;D


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version