Forum > Classic Mustang Technical forum

1969 front clip compaired to 1970

(1/1)

jack2911:
I have a 1970 mustang but I like the set up on the 1969's does anybody know what I need to do. All i need to know about the head lights I like the 69's

that70scjshow:
You need to change the grille, headlight buckets, valance, the 70 has turn signals in the fenders, 69 dosent. You could go with a 69 boss theme. the 69 boss did not have the brake vents on the rear quarters, it was set up like a 70... just a thought.

Ibadasgt-500:

--- Quote from: that70scjshow on October 17, 2009, 11:24:45 PM ---You need to change the grille, headlight buckets, valance, the 70 has turn signals in the fenders, 69 dosent. You could go with a 69 boss theme. the 69 boss did not have the brake vents on the rear quarters, it was set up like a 70... just a thought.

--- End quote ---
Your wrong about that!!!!! 69 Boss 9's do have the scoops in the quarters. LOL

Mach1EH:
1969 Boss (pic from TheMustangSource.com)

1970 Boss

louise03:

--- Quote ---Designers did tidy up the face, filling each "sugar scoop" with two simulated air vents and reverting to dual-beam headlamps within a grille switched from mesh to thin horizontal bars. The tri-color emblem moved to the grille center except on Mach 1, where it was left off. Ornamentation was shuffled. Body side scoops were erased. The posh Grande got a part-vinyl "landau" roof, but the previous full covering was now a $26 extra.
--- End quote ---

These are the things that have been changed to the 1969 boss, I think the grille, headlamps and the valance are the obvious changes in the 1970 set up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version