Author Topic: 1968 fastback front end metal  (Read 3514 times)

jimm

• Mustang: 1968 Fastback
  • Daily driver: 2005 coupe
1968 fastback front end metal
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »
I'm resurrecting a 68 fast back that I saved from the crusher.  Does anyone have some experience in replacing the entire front end of a car?  new framrails, firewall, dash, core support, upper and lower cowl. any help would be greatly appreciated

h70mach1

• Mustang: 1970 mach1
Re: 1968 fastback front end metal
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 08:23:55 AM »
I have a 70 mach1 that i had to replace most of the front end on. i just started with one side of the car and worked around the front and down the other side.  take alot of measurements and notes, shock towers and fender aprons lean out of the engine bay a little so you need to find angles. i installed the shock tower brace that goes to the firewall to help with the shock tower placement. also do alot of tack welding before you finish weld, you dont want to have to cut out a new piece and redo. the body shop i had my car painted at also does frame alignments they gave me a printed drawing of all the measurements of the front end and the points to measure from, so you might want to google this or find a friendly frame shop.        good luck   and nice job saving it.  i am trying to send a couple of pictures of mine hopefully they come thru and help

+-Navigation

Other languages
ESPANOL
FRANCAIS
Soaring
Soaring
In memory of our moderator Glen Wren AKA Soaring
1943-2011
Links

Dallas Mustang

Menu
LO-FI Version